In late March 2023, Palm Beach International (PBI) will begin the expansion of Concourse B. This multi-million dollar project is part of an on-going phased modernization program for PBI.
The overall refresh of Concourse B will include:
- New terrazzo flooring and carpeting;
- Expanded holdroom and restroom spaces with modern features, including new flexible seating options;
- Elevated ceiling heights in new build-out area, electrochromic glass to reduce heat and glare in key locations;
- New restaurant spaces;
- Temporary food and beverage venues will operate during portions of the construction period;
- Integrated nursing suite to replace free-standing Mamava pods;
- Sensory room to create a calming space for travelers with autism and other sensory sensitivities;
- Adult changing tables to accommodate needs of disabled passengers and their caregivers; and
- Improvement of aircraft parking apron, construction of infrastructure to support two (2) additional passenger boarding bridges, extension of existing building systems.
The project will be done in phases. The first phase will include a new 3,000 square foot restaurant near Gate B5 and restroom expansion. This phase will take approximately 12 months. During the expansion, there will be reduced food and beverage options and more limited restroom availability in Concourse B; however, Concourse A, which is less than a 2-minute walk from Concourse B, will remain open for the duration of the project.
“We are excited to begin to refresh Concourse B so that it has the same modern, welcoming atmosphere as the ticketing and baggage claim areas,” said Director of Airports, Laura Beebe. “Our goal is to provide our passengers with an easy, convenient and less stressful travel experience, and these renovations will deliver that and more.”