Sherwin-Williams military 85285E aerospace coating is a high performance, polyurethane topcoat designed for exterior use on military, general aviation and commercial aircraft. This coating meets the extreme weather-resistance performance requirements of MIL-PRF- 85285E, Type I and IV, Class H.
This product is qualified to the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWC), Patuxent River, MD., military aircraft specification MIL-PRF-85285E, Type I and IV, Class H.
It comes in a complete system when used with recommended Sherwin-Williams primers and primer-surfacers. The coatings’ features include being free of lead and chromate hazards, has less than 3.5 pounds/gallon of VOC.
Sherwin-Williams is known for its high quality, proven aerospace topcoats. We are excited to offer these innovative and highly durable new coatings that now carry the full qualification for military aircraft needs,” says Chip Mullins, Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Global Sales Director.
The new 85285E military aerospace coating is available for all types of military aircraft applications and improves shop processing flow because of its fast dry times. Its color availability is limitless, while offering excellent DOI and outstanding gloss, as well as gloss retention.
Sherwin-Williams military 85285E aerospace coating advantages:
- Meets extreme weather-resistance performance requirements
- Fast dry times (improves shop processing flow)
- Good buffing characteristics.
- Chemical resistant, including Skydrol and other hydraulic fluids
- Exhibits outstanding gloss and gloss retention upon weathering
- Excellent flow and leveling.
- Excellent Distinctness of Image (DOI)
- Contains less than 3.5 lbs/gal. (420 g/L) of VOC
- Very low HAPS content - <2% by weight
- Free of lead and chromate hazards
- Unlimited colors available.
Sherwin-Williams offers a complete military approved system. This new, next generation military topcoat can be applied with qualified primers MIL-PRF-23377K, Type I, Class C2 – CM0724933 or E90G203.