Offering a reduction of up to 400,000 kg in CO2 emissions, the Bulmor ESideBull for passenger with reduced mobility (PRM) assistance is fully electric and provides safe travel with zero emissions.
A reduction in CO2 emissions and a reduction in energy consumption: this sustainability management is now being pursued by all airports in Europe. This trend poses a great challenge to airports and to their PRM assistance providers as well. To save maintenance costs and reduce CO2 emissions are key factors in the ground handling process. Bulmor has identified this trend early and has developed the fully electric powered ESideBull ambulift for up to 15 people.
The feature which is most appreciated, according to the manufacturer’s sales manager Konrad Gruber, is the new battery technology available with lead acid or fast charge Li-Ion technology, which is recharged up to 50 percent in only 40 minutes.
Summarizing further main features, he says, "Beside the 70 percent quicker docking procedure through the integrated operator stand without stabilizers and the shorter turn radius. However, the most popular advantage might very likely be the fact that the machine operates fully electric. The fully electric powered ambulift helps to achieve up to 400.000 kg of CO2 reduction during his vehicle life time."
The USP, and great strength, of the new ESideBull lies in its robust Notox-frame and environmentally friendly electrical power. Additional features include:
- One-person operation with driver's seat in the passenger cabin. Constant contact between driver and passengers is possible.
- Time-saving thanks to maneuverability while raising the cabin and with the cabin raised.
- Compatible with all aircraft types (up to A340). Aircraft doors can be opened inside the platform area.
- Docking with busses is possible.
- Wind stability till 100 Km/h.
- Robust and safe up to a lifting height of 8,100 mm.
- Maintenance free electric motor – up to 50 percent lower costs.
- Up to 60-70 percent lower operational costs.
- Hepa filter technology removes 99.9 percent of all airborne viruses.
- Temperature control and climatization during vehicle parking without battery consumption.
Based on technical evolution, close communication with clients and ongoing development, Bulmor Airground became one of the leading manufacturers of medical trucks in Europe. Bulmor was also the first supplier to build cabins that have the possibility of lowering the cabin to the ground, which allows for an exceptionally convenient way of embarking several passengers at once.