Sun Air Jets has announced that the entirety of the company's FBO line service technicians have completed Gulfstream Aerospace’s FBO Ground Handling and Servicing Training.
Gulfstream says its program is “tailored for line service technicians” and is “designed to improve dispatch reliability and increase safety for Gulfstream aircraft and the people who support them”.
The specialty training, designed by Gulfstream and in conjunction with Flight Safety International, is specifically designed to go in-depth into the full line of Gulfstream aircraft. Each module is specific to a certain model of Gulfstream aircraft and includes
- Aircraft dimensions specific to each model (wingspans, tail heights, wing growth, empty weights, fuel capacities, flight ranges)
- Fuel service panels (how to initiate the aircraft controls)
- Water service panels (how to initiate the aircraft controls)
- Lavatory service panels (how to initiate the aircraft controls)
- Tow procedures specific to each model
"Sun Air Jets is proud to have achieved 100% completion of Gulfstream's FBO Ground Handling and Servicing training for all line service technicians. Safety awareness in all facets of servicing our customer's aircraft has always been our top priority and Gulfstream's FBO training has been a great resource to help further our focus on aircraft-specific processes," said James Evans, director of safety and FBO operations at Sun Air Jets.