Capital One’s Lounge network continues to grow, with a new location at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) scheduled to open on Thursday, September 7.
The new 8,500 square-foot Capital One Lounge is located just beyond the airport’s TSA PreCheck, between the East and West Security Checkpoints. Venture X cardholders enjoy unlimited complimentary access to Capital One Lounges, plus complimentary entry for two guests per visit, and Venture and Spark Miles customers enjoy special access.
The historic Washington Dulles International Airport terminal, designed by world-renowned architect Eero Saarinen, served as inspiration for the mid-century modern approach to designing and furnishing the space. Located in Capital One’s hometown, the Capital One Lounge at IAD is another testament to Capital One’s continued commitment to the National Capital Region and building incredible experiences for both residents and travelers alike.
As with all Capital One Lounges, the new Capital One Lounge at IAD features unique, locally-inspired, premium amenities that provide visitors with a best-in-class travel experience from the moment they step through the door. It’s thoughtfully designed to accommodate all types of travelers, from those looking for a quick drink or bite before they board their flights to those who are looking for a place to relax and recharge before their travel journey.
CAPITAL ONE LOUNGE AT IAD DETAILS
Designed with the IAD traveler in mind, Capital One prioritized not only grab-and-go food options, but also a full-service coffee and pastry bar with to-go options available, knowing many will be stopping in for a short visit en route to the transportation to their gates. For those travelers enjoying the Lounge for a longer period of time before their departing flight, the Lounge offers ample workspaces and a top-notch, full-service food and beverage experience featuring curated craft beer — like a Pre-Flight Helles Lager — and cocktails – like the Cherry Blossom Margarita — and health-conscious menu options served as small plates to ensure travelers can refuel before their flights.
Throughout the Capital One Lounge at IAD, some of the best of the National Capital Region is highlighted to provide visitors a taste of the DC area without ever having to leave the airport. To accomplish this, Capital One is excited to be partnering with a range of local food + beverage purveyors, designers, and artists in order to offer:
● An authentically local food + beverage program, that delivers a premium food and beverage experience where travelers can sit down and enjoy a restaurant-quality meal or easily grab food and beverages on the way to their gate. Our in-lounge offerings provide travelers with delicious, health-conscious menu options that are locally sourced and served plated as small bites, allowing travelers to customize their selections. For travelers stopping by for a quick visit, our thoughtfully-designed, industry-leading grab-and-go food section features healthy selections like jarred salads, granola bowls, and fresh juices – all packaged sustainably. Visitors enjoying the Lounge for a longer stay can enjoy a custom brew from Lost Rhino Brewing Co, an Ashburn-based company; local favorite Bresca’s fan-favorite Bee’s Knees cocktail via partnership with Will Patton, beverage director at Jônt and Bresca; and craft chocolate from River-Sea Chocolates, a Chantilly-based chocolatier.
● A full-service coffee bar, unique to the Capital One Lounge at IAD, serving La Colombe cold brew on tap and drip coffee from Blanchard’s Coffee Roasting Company, a Virginia-based coffee roaster with a commitment to sustainability.
● A thoughtfully designed Lounge inspired by the historical terminal at IAD, which is heavily influenced by mid-century revolutionaries Eero Saarinen, the airport’s architect, and Harry Bertoia, a renowned artist. The new Lounge showcases historic architectural images of the airport’s original control tower and terminal and also features beautiful teak wood architectural elements and mid-century modern furniture.
● A celebration of the region’s contemporary artists, including Josh Young, Kristen Gaudio Ensley, Michael Crosset,Judy Southerland, and more. Additionally, Central Virginia Studio, Acorn Pottery & Farm, will create custom mugs and pottery for use throughout the beverage program.
Additional amenities at the Capital One Lounge at IAD include:
● A parent’s room featuring comfortable seating for caregivers who are feeding or nursing their children, as well as a changing table stocked with wipes, disposable diapers, and a bottle warmer
● A filtered water system so travelers can refill their reusable water bottles
● Secure lockers with plenty of room for carry-on luggage and personal items
● A flight status display to keep travelers on schedule
● Two semi-private, open-air rooms featuring ample quiet working space
● Individual power outlets at every seat, along with complimentary high-speed WiFi
● Kid-sized tables and chairs for families
● Four private, fully-stocked restrooms