In November 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) reached 76.9% of pre-pandemic levels. Air cargo at Oakland International Airport was up 2.3 percent compared to November 2020.
November 2021 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 820,305 total passengers in November 2021. This represents a 76.9 percent return to pre-pandemic passenger levels for the month.
- In November, a total of 412,194 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 42,733 were connecting.
- There were 12,946 international passengers arriving in November.
- The airport saw November passenger traffic jump by 132.8 percent compared to November 2020 when just 352,430 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling 12-month basis, traffic is up by 40.4 percent with 7,648,098 passengers this year compared to 4,446,332 during the same period a year ago.
- 118.1 million pounds of air cargo were transported in November, up 2.3 percent in a year-over-year comparison
What's New at OAK
- Passengers at OAK can enjoy the new Jabbrrbox Magpods that have been installed in Terminal 2. The pods offer a quiet and private space for users to work, focus, or relax during their time at the airport. For more information about Jabbrrbox Magpods, click here: https://www.jabbrrbox.com
- New concession locations are opening up soon at OAK, including the new Oaklandish Coffee Collective in Terminal 1 and a new Peet’s location in Terminal 2. Official opening dates and additional information about these new restaurants will be posted on OAK’s social media pages and at www.oaklandairport.com.