American Airlines opened a newly renovated Admirals Club lounge for customers traveling through Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). Located on the Mezzanine level of the main lobby, the refurbished PIT Admirals Club lounge includes a number of new design features that greet guests in a modern, more open setting.
The new club spans 4,753 square feet and includes a reception area, lounge seating, privacy seating, a touchdown ledge business center, an expanded food and beverage station, communal table seating in a café area and a full-service bar. In addition, the lounge features a self-serve coffee bar, Coca-Cola Freestyle machine and redesigned men’s and women’s restrooms. More design details and amenities are outlined below.
Details for the new Admirals Club lounge
- Located at the mezzanine level in the main lobby, offering unobstructed views of the airfield
- Spans 4,753 square feet with capacity for 89 guests
- Features updated décor with high-end finishes and furnishings to provide a more contemporary look and feel,
- Incorporates zoned music throughout the lounge with automated shades and mood lighting
- Welcomes guests in a new reception area with three check-in podiums and flat panel flight information display monitors
- Is equipped with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the lounge
- Incorporates an expanded self-service food station with cookies, chips, crudités, fruit, baked goods, hot soup, oatmeal, yogurt and salads, as well as new self-serve coffee/tea station and Coca-Cola Freestyle soda fountain
- Provides a variety of seating options throughout the lounge, including café chairs, bar stools and private soft seating
- Now includes power and USB ports at 93 percent of the guest seats and embedded wireless smartphone charging pads in several side table locations
The club is open daily beginning at 4 a.m. to Admirals Club members, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers, oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, qualifying first and business class customers and U.S. military personnel traveling in uniform on a flight operated by American Airlines.