New features of Vaisala’s WindCube Scan, a scanning lidar solution, include a more robust exterior, new scanning head, and enhanced laser design to allow for an operationally consistent range of up to 10 kilometers and more. The innovations to the gold-standard scanning lidar solution deliver numerous benefits including, enhanced atmospheric measurements used in meteorological forecasting, windshear assessment to mitigate wind hazards for airports, and simplicity, flexibility, and data accuracy at any stage of a wind energy project.
The WindCube Scan suite advances the industry standard by providing the following benefits:
- Enhanced laser design: Provides highly accurate measurement up to a maximum distance of 18.9 kilometers, delivering timely, reliable intelligence to enable decision making.
- Resistant to harsh weather conditions: New, robust casing and heated scanner lens features allow the lidar to work in all weather conditions, including humidity, dust, ice, heavy rain, and snow.
- Reliable in extreme temperatures: From -40 degrees to 55 degrees Celsius, the temperature range — at nearly a 100-degree swing — is the widest range in the industry.
- Non-stop performance: Redesigned scan head ensures 24/7 reliable operations and improves long term cost effectiveness
- Reduced disruption and hands-off maintenance: Best-in-class components provide continuous and timely measurements, plus an industry-leading warranty and servicing package for sustained performance and accurate, reliable measurements.
- Remote area deployability: Through 4G connectivity, users can now leverage WindCube Scan in more environments than ever before – even without an Ethernet cable
- Exclusive lidar scans: New scanning head delivers volume scans to cover 3D volumes and segment scans along an inclined plane, such as a flight glide path in aviation.