The Open Group, the vendor-neutral technology standards organization, is co-hosting a U.S Air Force - FACE and SOSA Consortia Technical Interchange Meeting (TIM) and Expo at the Dayton Convention Center, Ohio, on Sept. 27. The event will feature presentations and demonstrations by a cross-section of experts across the defense community, industry, and government.
Attendees, from the ranks of buyers, suppliers, integrators, and business representatives, will be able to learn about new advancements and the progress being made around functionality and interoperability of modular open system environments. There will also be exhibitions from industry and U.S. military leaders, including Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Army Aviation, Naval Air Systems Command, The Open Group, and many more.
Talks and demonstrations about the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) Consortium, will showcase over 30 FACE Conformant solutions from over 50 industry and government FACE members, covering all segments of the FACE Solution stack. These FACE demonstrations will show how it proves the value of open standards-based systems that encourage innovation, and will increase quality, accelerate airworthiness, and speed deployment of critical, advanced technologies to our warfighters.
The Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) will highlight how it supports warfighters in the field by arming them with electronic tools they need for mission success. It will outline how the SOSA Technical Standard and Ecosystem supports acceleration of the development of affordable, agile, and composable sensor systems. Finally, it will explore how, in line with the MOSA directive from the Department of Defense, the SOSA Technical Standard leverages modular design and widely supported, consensus-based, non-proprietary standards for key interfaces.
In addition to overviews from FACE and SOSA, presentations throughout the day will include:
• Keynotes by Lt General Shaun Morris, Commander of Air Force Lifecycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio and Ms. Jaqueline Janning-Lask, Director of Engineering and Technical Management Services, AFLCMC, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
• Scaling Connections within the FACE Transport Services Segment, by RTI
• Open Architecture Through Firmware Containers, by SwRI
• VITA 90 VNX+: A New Open System Standard for Small Form Factor, by ELMA Electronic, Collins Aerospace
• Evolving Small Form Factor Architecture for SOSA, by Samtec, Collins Aerospace, Antara Teknik, Ideas-TEK
• Leveraging Open Industry Standards to Refine and Accelerate FACE Deployments, by RTI
The TIM is free to attend thanks to Elma Electronic and Lockheed Martin.