MarketPlace Development, the concessions program manager at Washington Dulles International Airport and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, along with The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority are proud to announce their Customer Service Excellence Award winners for 2022.
“We strive to curate an outstanding experience for travelers at Dulles International and Reagan National airport through a diverse offering of options and top-notch customer service,” said Michael DiCosola, President of MarketPlace Development. “We are proud to highlight our restaurant and retail partners who have gone above and beyond for travelers in 2022.”
Awards were presented to Dulles International and Reagan National Airport retailers, quick-service food operators, and restaurateurs at their end-of-year merchant meeting on December 14, 2022.
“Excellence in customer service is a cornerstone of the airport’s mission, and we are delighted to see so many restaurant and retail operators attain this recognition,” said Jaimini Erskine, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority vice president of marketing and concessions.
The 2022 Excellence in Customer Service Awards winners are listed below:
Dulles International Airport
* Merchant of the Year | Stellar News (Host International/Stellar Partners)
* Best Onsite Operations | Capitol Grounds Coffee - Gate B64 (Aptitude, LLC)
* Best Retail Customer Service | TUMI (Tumi Stores, Inc.)
* Best Restaurant Customer Service | District ChopHouse (HMS Host/Morgan Group Ventures)
* Best Retail Merchandising Unit or Kiosk Customer Service | GenX Wireless (iWireless Shop, LLC)
* Best Travel Convenience Customer Service | Stellar News - Gate B73 (Host International/Stellar Partners)
* Best QSR Customer Service | Smashburger (Star Global Hospitality, LLC)
Reagan National Airport
* Merchant of the Year | Legal Sea Foods (Legal Sea Foods, LLC)
* Best Onsite Operations | Ben’s Chili Bowl (MSK, Inc)
* Best Retail Customer Service | Johnston & Murphy (Genesco, Inc.)
* Best Restaurant Customer Service | El Centro, D.F. (Grace Concessions, LLC)
* Best Retail Merchandising Unit or Kiosk Customer Service | Elsen Oils (Elsen Oils, LLC)
* Best Travel Convenience Customer Service | Say Si Bon (Paradies Lagardère/BZB International)
* Best QSR Customer Service | Chick-fil-A (Paradies Lagardère/HBF DCA PARTNERS JV)
The Customer Service Excellence Awards were created to reward airport establishments for outstanding performance in both operations and customer service. Merchants are eligible for award consideration on the basis of MarketPlace Development’s customer service mystery shopper program performance and analysis of operational performance. The majority of this year’s winners are certified Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (ACDBE).