Travelers at JetBlue’s home terminal – Terminal 5 (T5) at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) can look forward to a bigger taste of the Big Apple this winter. Seven New York based dining concepts will add to the range of food and beverage options in JetBlue’s home at T5. It’s the biggest refresh to the concession program since New York’s Hometown Airline opened its brand new terminal a decade ago. The tasty new dining concepts cover more than 7,200 square feet of concessions space.
This first phase of the redevelopment by Fraport USA will bring some of New York’s favorites to the dining scene at T5 this winter, including: Shake Shack, Otto’s Tacos, Ovenly, Melt Shop, Lil Sweet Chick, The Little Beet and Korilla BBQ.
“As New York’s Hometown Airline we want to provide customers traveling through T5 with fresh, new authentic tastes of New York,” said Mariya Stoyanova, director product development, JetBlue. “In addition to supporting local New York restaurants, we also want to support up-and-coming businesses the same way the greater New York community did for us over the past 19 years. This marks the first major update to our T5 restaurants in a decade. We’re sure these will be delicious additions to the T5 menus.”
- Shake Shack – Born in Madison Square Park in Manhattan, Shake Shack is a modern-day version of a roadside burger joint serving delicious burgers, chicken, hot dogs, shakes, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
- Otto’s Tacos – New York’s best Mexican taqueria isn’t just about tacos, it’s about the best tacos you’ve ever had. Tortilla are made from scratch daily topped with seasoned and seared fillings. The streamlined menu includes Street Tacos assembled on fresh masa tortillas and signature dishes like the Gorgon, and craveable sides like Masa Fries.
- Ovenly – Known for their innovative flavor combos and named New York's best bakery many times over, the company joyfully creates delicious treats that intersect that magical place between savory and sweet (think currant-rosemary scones or pistachio-cardamom cake).
- Melt Shop – Founded in 2011 in New York City, Melt Shop is a melted sandwich restaurant that uses only the best ingredients. As the pioneers of the melted sandwich movement, the restaurant offers a variety of melted sandwiches, tots, tenders, breakfast, beer, wine, and shakes.
- Lil Sweet Chick – Along with some of the best fried chicken and waffles in New York City, Sweet Chick serves rustic but modern American comfort food including twists on classic dishes and home-baked desserts. The Lil’ Sweet Chick to-go concept will offer bites similar to the entrees available in restaurant’s locations on Lower East Side of Manhattan and in Long Island City, Prospect Park and Williamsburg.
- The Little Beet – Where wellness meets freshness, The Little Beet was founded with one simple philosophy: to serve real food, deliciously. Inspired by local, seasonal and natural ingredients, the restaurant created a menu that offers wholesome food that makes you feel good about eating it, and even better after.
- Korilla BBQ – With menu items including tacos and burrito-style wraps infused with Korean flavors, KorillaBBQ began with food trucks offering an innovative take on Korean food. The original goal was to share the goodness of Korean food and culture. Now with restaurants in mid-town and downtown Brooklyn, KorillaBBQ has refined what you know about Korean barbecue serving all-natural, healthy and fresh food.
“We are thrilled to announce these exciting additions to JetBlue’s concessions program at T5,” said Ben Zandi, president and CEO of Fraport USA, the developer and manager of the program. “We’re focused on enhancing the passenger experience through additional dining options for the JetBlue customer. These original concepts reflect the culture and vibrancy of this great city and are beloved by New York locals and visitors alike.”