Sheriff's Office Says Man Who Crashed in Ultralight Plane Has Died

Sept. 4, 2019

A man injured in a Challenger Ultralight aircraft crash Aug. 4 died Monday, according to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s office.

Chief Deputy Todd Duncan said Douglas Bornemeier, 65, the sole occupant of the plane that landed nose-down in a field north of Pester Airport, just south of Holdrege Street near 112th Street, had been in a hospital ICU since the crash because of other health issues.

×

Welcome back! You've reached your free article limit. Become a member to help support our work.

Already a subscriber? Log in or Activate your account.

Loading&hellp;

Digital Basic

for the low price of

$ 6.99

per month

{{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} per month

HuskerExtra Digital Sports

Cancel anytime

Unlimited articles in HuskerExtra, PLUS high school, local, and national sports

Scoops and insights from our top reporters

Pre-game information, live blogs and post-game analysis

Stunning game photos and videos

More

Sign up for Aviation Pros Newsletters
Get the latest news and updates.