The Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority partnered with Synect to offer passengers a faster and friendlier security checkpoint experience at Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE). The airport’s upgraded checkpoint features seven ReadySeeGo Digital Communication Totems, a 23.81-foot-wide by 5.6-foot-high seamless LED video wall and a security screening content program.
Custom content and integration of the ReadySeeGo Security Checkpoint solution with existing airport systems and operations created a seamless experience with the following benefits:
1) Information: Clear directions, queue guidance and real-time TSA estimated wait times decrease anxiety and perceived wait times, resulting in a more enjoyable passenger experience
2) Education: Friendly visual cues help passengers divest, remind them to have travel documents ready and highlight prohibited items and other compliance-related tips. The content reduces processing time by helping passengers show up prepared for screening. It also reduces the need for repeated instructions from security personnel.
3) Engagement: Eye-catching animations capture passengers’ attention, occupy their time and increase engagement with information and fun visuals.
4) Automation: Information is automatically relayed to passengers, improving efficiency, which also helps Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) maintain order and focus in the checkpoint area, leading to more effective screening.
5) Operational agility: Scenario-based content, such as emergency messaging, is easily activated, new content is deployed fast, and the units are portable for relocation if needed.
Synect’s Passenger360 visual communication platform for airports powers the new solutions at ABE.
ABE’s new TSA security checkpoint unveiled July 28 is part of ABE’s $35 million infrastructure investment, which also includes a terminal connector.