IFS, the global enterprise applications company, today announced the latest upgrade to its industry-leading aviation maintenance and engineering system, IFS Maintenix™ Operator Edition. The new release incorporates enhancements across all functional areas of maintenance management, including supply chain, engineering, maintenance execution, security and compliance.
Available immediately, the latest iteration of IFS Maintenix Operator Edition features:
- Optimized parts management – IFS Maintenix Operator Edition now supports a more streamlined approach to transferring inventory between stores and work locations, enabling a faster and more efficient way of fulfilling parts requests to minimize maintenance delays
- Automated follow-on maintenance - New “follow-on” task functionality helps engineering better manage the scheduling and planning of work orders initiated from a fault. Condition-based controls streamline and automate the process of managing complex deferrals and follow-on actions from structural repairs
- Stronger work authorization and compliance management - It is now possible to specify skill-level requirements for official sign-off of heavy maintenance job cards, as well as the independent inspection requirements for specific steps. These enhancements help ensure complex maintenance tasks are managed with a greater level of control and compliance
- Improved system manageability – IFS has made significant investments in the underlying technology platform to drive greater scalability, stronger security and simplified deployment and ongoing support
- Certified technology – In addition to updating its core technology to Java 8, IFS Maintenix Operator Edition has been certified on all currently-supported third-party software, ensuring customers are always running their mission-critical maintenance and engineering operations on latest technology standards
“IFS is committed to helping our customers stay ahead in highly-competitive industry conditions. With maintenance continuing to be a major cost area, there is the potential to increase profits by maximizing efficiencies. This is why we continue to update our industry-leading software solutions, embodying customer-driven advancements and arming them with the capabilities they need to stay ahead of their competition,” said Jeff Cass, VP, Strategy, Aerospace & Defense Business Unit, IFS. “Our customer base, together with the development team behind IFS Maintenix Operator Edition, have recognized the potential for new efficiencies and the benefits of data-driven decision-making. This latest update offers tangible benefits centered on the business needs of our airline and fleet operator customers.”
Since its initial release in 1998, IFS Maintenix Operator Edition has evolved into one of the industry’s most trusted and proven maintenance and engineering systems in the aerospace and defense market. Today, the system is used to manage more than 20 percent of the world’s active commercial and military fleets. Learn more about how IFS Maintenix Operator Edition empowers airlines and fleet operators with the information insights they need to confidently manage their highest-value assets.
David DeRosa, Director of Marketing Communications, IFS Aviation & Defense. Phone: 1 613 576 2480 x7377, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Kightley, PR for IFS Aviation & Defense Business Unit, IBA.Phone: 44 (0)1572 757932, email@example.com
IFS™ develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,500 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFSworld.com