DT Research, the leading designer and manufacturer of purpose-built computing solutions for vertical markets, announced the new LT300 line of fully-rugged, 360 convertible laptops designed for ultimate versatility, durability and reliability in harsh conditions. Each laptop has an antimicrobial enclosure to inhibit the growth of microorganisms on the surface of the unit. The LT320, LT330 and LT350 laptops have a 360 degree rotating display purpose-built for military, first responder, law enforcement, field service and warehouse environments with IP65, MIL-STD-810G/H, MIL-STD-461F ratings, EPEAT certification and TAA compliant.
“We have heard from customers who need a fully rugged laptop that can easily convert into a tablet with enough battery life for mission-critical situations,” said Daw Tsai, president of DT Research. “Our convertible laptops are military standard rugged with a uniquely designed display that rotates 360 degrees to smoothly transform into a tablet rather than having to detach and reattach the keyboard, which can be very cumbersome in confined environments. We also overcame the insufficient battery life that is prevalent with other convertible laptops by including standard dual high capacity batteries that are hot-swappable for continuous operation.”
The DT Research LT300 series of convertible laptops are high-performance computers that run the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system on Intel 10th Generation Core i5 or i7 processors and have full-size, backlit keyboards. Models are available in three sizes of sunlight-readable, capacitive touch displays: 11.6 inch (LT320), 13.3 inch (LT330) and 15.6 inch (LT350); and include digital pen support.
Unique 360 Convertible Design
Unlike other convertible laptops on the market, which require users to detach the keyboard in order to turn it into a tablet, the DT Research LT300 series laptops allow users to simply flip the display 360 degrees to the back of the keyboard - easily transforming the unit into a tablet. This innovative design makes the transition from laptop to tablet possible within confined or crowded spaces, such as a plane tail section or in an engine room.
Purpose-built for Mission-Critical Environments
The LT300 convertible laptops have antimicrobial enclosures to control infection while also delivering military standard IP65-rated for water and dust resistance; MIL-STD-810G/H for shock and vibration protection; MIL-STD-461F for EMI and EMC tolerance; and HERO (Hazard of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance) tested. The LT330 and LT350 models come standard with dual high capacity 11.4V, 5400mAh batteries that are hot-swappable for 24/7 operation.
Advanced Identity Verification and Security
With a built-in smart card/CAC reader as well as optional IR/RGB front and back cameras for facial recognition, the LT300 series convertible laptops provide advanced identity verification for secure data access. Optional night vision supports viewing of MIL-STD-3009 class B NVIS mode, offering another layer of security for light-sensitive situations.
The LT320, LT330, LT350 rugged convertible laptops include a robust set of features and options.
- Unique Convertible Laptop Design – Transforms from a laptop with an 88 standard, full-size keyboard with multi-touch pad into a tablet by simply flipping the screen 360 degrees and closing it to the back of the keyboard.
- Military Standard Rugged - IP65-rated for water and dust resistance; MIL-STD-810G/H for shock and vibration protection; MIL-STD-461F for EMI and EMC tolerance; and HERO (Hazard of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance) tested. Temperature operation: -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F), optional -30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F); storage: -55°C to 70°C (-67°F to 158°F) and humidity 0% – 90% non-condensing. EPEAT certified and FCC Class B, CE, RoHS compliant.
- Infection Control – Antimicrobial enclosures inhibit the spread of microorganisms, such as bacteria, on the surface of the units.
- Interactive, Indoor-Outdoor, Night Vision Displays - 11.6”, 13.3” or 15.6” LED-backlight, high-brightness (1000 nits) sunlight readable screen with capacitive touch and digital pen support. Optional MIL-STD-3009 class B NVIS mode available for the 15.6” screen.
- High Capacity Battery Life with Continuous Operation – The LT330 and LT350 laptops come standard with dual 11.4V,5400mAh or optional 11.4V,8000mAh batteries with modular design to easily replace the batteries with a hot-swappable battery pack. The LT320 comes standard with one 11.4V,5400mAh hot-swappable battery or optional 11.4V,8000mAh battery.
- High Performance and Robust – Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system runs Intel 10th Generation Core i5 or i7 processors with a fanless, robust design. Dual SSD slots support up to 4TB with RAID 0/RAID 1. Dual RAM slots support up to 64GB.
- Two-factor Authentication - Built-in smart card/CAC reader with NIST compliant BIOS available.
- Network Communication – Built-in Intel AX200 Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1 LE and 4G LTE/AWS mobile broadband.
- Optional Cameras – Front and back full-HD cameras with auto white balance and gain/exposure control enable facial recognition security.
- Optional GNSS Module - U-blox M8N GNSS module.
The DT Research LT320, LT330 and LT350 rugged convertible laptops are immediately available from DT Research’s authorized resellers and partners.