nterjet Airlines announced record traffic results for the nine months ended Sep. as well as record load factors for the same period while increasing overall available seats by 11 percent. Reported highlights included:
- Overall passenger traffic for nine months ended September 2019 increased by 9.6 percent while growing 10.7 percent for the quarter ended Sep. and 6.5 percent for Sep. year-over-year.
- International passenger traffic rose a robust 26 percent for the same nine-month period while growing 25.3 percent for the three months ended Sep. and 28.6 percent for September YoY.
- Overall load factors increased 10 percent for the nine months ended Sep. , with the airline carrying more than 11.3 million passengers for the nine months.
- RPK’s (revenue passenger kilometers) grew 16.1 percent for the nine months ended Sep.
- ASK’s (available seat kilometers) also increased by 10.1 percent for the same period.
“Interjet continues to deliver solid results, including record passenger traffic, especially for our international business,” said Julio Gamero, Interjet’s chief commercial officer. "We’re excited to see recent service expansions and frequency additions to our international and domestic flight schedules starting to pay off. This combined with competitive prices, free checked bags on select fares, more legroom between seats and excellent on-board service continues to drive our international and domestic business,” he added.