Continuum Applied Technology announces the highly anticipated release of Version 11 of its CORRIDOR Aviation Service Software.
Called “our biggest release yet” by Continuum Founder and President, Jack Demeis, CORRIDOR Version 11 introduces three critical modules and a mobile application, along with numerous innovative features.
New Version 11 modules include:
- Tool Crib - Provides management of company and employee owned tools while tracking calibration and usage.
- Time & Attendance – A personnel management tool to track employee time and attendance in real-time. Includes options for specific time and attendance definitions as well as approval hierarchy management. Provides optional barcoded time clock functionality.
- Planning & Scheduling – Fully integrated with work orders and quoting, Version 11’s Planning & Scheduling Module provides a graphical calendar view to schedule and monitor progress of work and quotes. Includes optional attributes and alerts for a tailored project management experience.
Version 11 also introduces CORRIDOR Mobile Mechanic, a native iPad application that facilitates wireless shop floor maintenance. Technicians and supervisors can remotely add, request or view labor, parts, and services; perform inspections and signoffs; and much more – all in real-time.
The Qualifications Module, introduced in Version 10.5, has been bolstered in Version 11 with a new Training Management component and renamed Training & Qualifications. The Training component links each certificate with its required courses, then monitors an employee’s progress throughout completion of required courses. Employee qualifications can be automatically checked in real-time against a task requirement ensuring a qualified person is performing the work.
CORRIDOR Version 11 also introduces important customer-driven features, including:
- Incremental Work Order Billing
- Inventory Kitting
- Support for Multilingual Entry
“With each version of CORRIDOR, we add features that offer true benefits for new and current customers,“ said Demeis, “We really ramped it up with Version 11, completing development of three new modules and a mobile app, each designed to be directly impactful to operational efficiency and costs. Through amazing cooperative relationships with our clients, a truly effective solution like CORRIDOR Version 11 is made possible, and we’re proud to offer it to the industry now.”