Aspen Avionics announced today the EFD1000H Primary Flight Display (PFD) system will be available as a factory option on the Robinson R22, R44 Raven I, R44 Raven II, and R66 helicopters. The EFD500H Multi-function Display (MFD) system will be available as a factory option on the R44 Raven I, R44 Raven II, and R66.
The EFD1000H PFD is a compact, lightweight, solid-state electronic flight instrument system which provides a modern alternative to mechanical attitude indicators, directional gyros and horizontal situation indicators. The EFD500H MFD provides additional capabilities which include easy-to-use electronic moving maps.
To accommodate the new glass-style avionics, Robinson replaced its 7-, 9-, and 10-hole instrument panels with 6-and 8-hole instrument panels. The 6-hole panel is standard on the R22 and R44 Raven I while the 8-hole panel is standard on the R44 Raven II and R66. The 8-hole panel is also an option on the R44 Raven I. Both panels allow for glass avionics or traditional instrument configurations.
“The helicopter market is realizing the safety-enhancing benefits of Aspen’s glass panel technology,” says John Uczekaj, Aspen’s president and chief executive officer. “The Robinson platform is a great helicopter to showcase our reliable and versatile EFD1000H PFD, and EFD500 MFD systems.”
EFD1000H PFD features:
- Airspeed, attitude, altitude, turn rate, slip/skid, magnetic direction and vertical speed
- Available with either slaved directional gyro (DG) or horizontal situation indicator (HSI) functionality
- DG and HSI pilot configurable for either 360 degree or 100 degree arc views
- Map of GPS flight plan may be under laid behind DG or HSI
- HSI version provides full interface with navigation receivers
- Pitch sync
- Solid-state air data computer and attitude reference system
- Built-in 30 minute backup battery
- Built-in emergency GPS sensor
EFD500H MFD features:
- Pilot-configurable VFR/IFR moving map
- Relative terrain map
- Geo-referenced instrument approach plates and airport diagrams
Two of the products, the EFD1000C3 Pro PFD for Class III aircraft, and the EA100 Autopilot Attitude Interface will be available by July 2010.
FAA granted TSO Authorization for the Evolution EFD1000C3 Pro Primary Flight Display (PFD) for Class III aircraft.