(Lancaster, PA, USA; December 2013) — DEStech Publications, Inc. announces the publication of Aeronautical Applications of Non-destructive Testing by Dr. Abbas Fahr of The National Research Council, Canada.
This critical book is among the first to provide a detailed assessment of non-destructive testing methods for the many materials and thousands of parts in aircraft. It describes a wide variety of NDT techniques and explains their application in the evaluation and inspection of aerospace materials and components ranging from the entire airframe to systems and subsystems. At the same time the book offers guidance on the information derived from each NDT method and its relation to aircraft design, repair, maintenance and overall safety. The book covers basic principles, as well as practical details of instrumentation, procedures and operational results with a full discussion of each method's capabilities and limitations as these pertain to aircraft inspection and different types of materials, e.g., composites and metal alloys.
Some of the highlights of the book include:
- Comprehensive guide to the basic principles and applications of non-destructive testing methods for aircraft system and components: airframe, propulsion, landing gear and more
- Provides detailed analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of major NDT methods
- Important for design, inspection, maintenance, repair, corrosion protection and safety
1. NDT in Aircraft Design, Manufacture, and Operation
2. NDT Process
3. NDT of Aerospace Composite Materials and Components
4. NDT of Corrosion in Aluminum Airframe Structures
5. NDT Reliability
Aeronautical Applications of Non-destructive Testing is published by DEStech Publications, Inc., best known for advanced publications in engineering and science.
ISBN: 978-1-60595-120-1, December 2013 / ©2014 510 pages, 6x9, soft cover, Price: $179.50.
Another Look at Visual Inspection By Fred Workley November 1999 Fred Workley is the president of Workley Aircraft and Maintenance Inc. in Manassas, VA. He is on the technical...
Airframe Technology Nondestructive Testing Paths to NDT Certification By Joe Escobar August 2004 Nondestructive testing (NDT) is widely used in aviation. It is...