PARIS, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it has been awarded an 8-year concession starting January 1st, 2014, to provide interior and exterior advertising and sponsorship services at Boston Logan International Airport. The new advertising program will feature an array of digital products including a network of digital displays, high definition video walls, and interactive directories in the baggage claim and concourse areas.
With almost 30 million annual passengers, Logan is the 19th busiest U.S. airport, serving 76 domestic destinations nonstop and 36 international cities, including capital cities such as Tokyo, London, Frankfurt and Paris. It is also the main port of entry to the Boston DMA, the seventh largest in the United States, where JCDecaux has been successfully operating the street furniture concession contract since 2001.
Jean-Francois Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: "Boston Logan International Airport is a natural addition to our portfolio of major airports alongside the important Northeast corridor. We can now deliver the same quality programs to our advertising clients from Washington DC to Baltimore, New York and Boston, giving them a unique access to business and government decision makers with a brand new, state-of-the-art advertising program."
Key Figures for the Group
- 2012 revenues: €2,623m; Revenues for the first nine months of 2013: €1,895.1m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (434,700 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 150 airports and more than 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (358,100 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (199,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (205,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,002,800 advertising panels in more than 55 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,484 employees