FARGO, ND (10/17/13) –– Appareo Systems, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of lightweight Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) systems, today announced its intention to exhibit at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) conference next week in Las Vegas, NV. Appareo can be found at Booth N316 when the conference opens on Tuesday, October 22.
Appareo has established global awareness within the general aviation industry for its innovative electronics and software solutions for both fixed-wing and rotor-wing aircraft. The business aviation industry presents a great opportunity for Appareo’s custom solutions, namely ALERTS – Aircraft Logging and Event Recording for Training and Safety – which is Appareo’s award-winning, turnkey Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) and Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) solution designed for light and legacy aircraft.
“NBAA is the industry’s authority for companies that rely on aircraft to be more efficient, productive and successful organizations,” said Appareo aviation business unit manager Tony Grindberg. “This is a natural fit for Appareo and the custom solutions we provide to aircraft owners and operators.”
At the conference, Appareo plans to highlight its ALERTS system, which includes flight data capture hardware and a full suite of software analysis tools, making a comprehensive FDM program possible for any aircraft operator. The Vision 1000 is a compact unit that weighs less than half a pound and installs on the headliner of the aircraft. It captures inertial data, ambient and intercom audio and high-resolution cockpit imagery, providing a complete picture of what occurred during every moment of each flight.
In addition to the ALERTS system, the all-new second generation Stratus will be available. Stratus turns an iPad into the ultimate pilot tool, delivering subscription-free weather, ADS-B traffic, GPS position and attitude information – all from a wireless receiver that fits in a pocket.
The ALERTS FDM solution provides information needed to enhance operational safety and improve the bottom line through the following:
- Increased Operational Safety – ALERTS aids in proactive risk reduction. Fewer operational exceedences leads to fewer incidents and accidents.
- Trend Analysis – ALERTS constantly monitors fleets and helps to identify problematic trends. With this data, flight crews can be better trained to avoid potentially dangerous situations.
- Provides Insight While Investigating Incidents – Quickly validate or invalidate customer concerns or incidents with a robust audit trail of the aircraft. In the case of a significant event, a comprehensive data trail is maintained on the crash hardened memory.
- Low Deployment Costs – Quick to install and simple to deploy, AERTS provides a turn-key solution that quickly expands operational oversight.
- Improved Pilot Performance – Use ALERTS to train flight crews in the most efficient practices and to better understand challenging maneuvers.
About Appareo Systems, LLC
Appareo Systems is a recognized leader in the custom development and manufacture of innovative, high-tech aviation and agricultural solutions. Through the creative application of cutting-edge technologies, the company creates complex end-to-end solutions that include both airborne and ground station components. Appareo offers turn-key services from product conceptualization through attainment of STC. In addition, the company is an accredited FAA Parts Manufacturing facility. Appareo is based in Fargo, ND.
Airbus Helicopters Expands Deployment of Cockpit Image and Flight Data Recorders as Standard Equipment
Developed jointly by Airbus Helicopters and Appareo Systems in recent years, the Vision 1000 is a cockpit imaging and flight data monitoring (FDM) device wrapped into one.
MSP Aero obtains FAA Supplemental Type Certificate for Appareo's Vision 1000 on AW109/AW119 Helicopters
CHC EFB to Increase Efficiency, Standardize Operations Worldwide.