Fort Atkinson, WI - AMTSociety announces dates for its Aircraft Maintenance Education and IA Renewal Seminars. The eight-hour programs will be held:
• Nov. 20, 2013 in Houston, TX;
• Jan. 8, 2014 in Atlanta, GA;
• Feb. 12, 2014 in Kansas City, MO;
• March 5, 2014 in Aurora, CO (Denver area);
• March 25-26, 2014 in Las Vegas, NV;
• April 5, 2014 in San Antonio, TX.
Continual learning is a key component to aviation safety, your career and our profession. AMTSociety strives to provide its members with benefits that aid in their personal and professional growth. Through our aircraft maintenance educational seminars (the Roadshow Consortium), live training seminars provide ongoing learning opportunities.
Regardless if you are a student, a new A&P, a seasoned technician holding an Inspection Authorization (IA), a maintenance manager, or director of maintenance, anyone interested is encouraged to attend.
Each seminar in AMTSociety's IA Renewal Consortium meets the requirements contained in FAR 65.93(a)(4) for Inspection Authorization (IA) renewal training and is acceptable towards 8 hours of training for IA renewal and the FAA AMT Awards Program.
Anyone interested is encouraged to attend. Topics have recently been enhanced.
Presenters and topics will include:
• Aeronautical Repair Station Association (ARSA) on maintenance regulations, major/minor, and maintenance recordkeeping (at each location)
• Lycoming Engines on service and operation tips
• Bell Helicopters on maintenance best practices
• NORDAM on thrust reverser maintenance best practices
• Aviation Training Academy on human factors in aircraft maintenance
• SMA compression ignition engines
• FAA representatives from FAASTeam, FSDO, or ACO
Go to www.amtsociety.org and select the Live IA Renewal tab to register.