‘It has never been done before’ remarks John Magee, current President and CEO of Crane Worldwide Logistics. ‘From the outset, a plan was devised to grow the company into a global mid-sized player dedicated to exceptional service. We have succeeded in creating a supply chain solutions organization from scratch that is dedicated to ‘Challenging the Norm’ in the industry. We are now celebrating 5 years of successful operations’ he concludes.
Created in 2008 and backed by Jim Crane, founder of EGL Inc., Crane Worldwide has grown from strength to strength expanding its presence across the globe.
Multinational organizations are generally built on the foundations of large strategic acquisitions particularly within the logistics and freight forwarding industry. However Crane Worldwide has taken a different approach. They have expanded across the globe predominantly through organic growth, thanks to a strong customer base and emphasis on recruiting the best talent in each market.
During its five years of operations Crane Worldwide logistics has:
- Expanded its presence internationally to 101 locations in 25 countries.
- Moved into new headquarters complete with warehouse in Houston measuring over 500,000sq ft.
- Organically grown at over 40% annually and will exceed $600M in 2013.
- Developed a strong global compliance program that adheres to the ever-changing regulations in global trade, advising and assisting customers with their global trade requirements.
- Continues to use latest technology to provide business intelligence information to its clients, whilst streamlining back office automation.
- Contributed significantly to local charities through its many initiatives under its Crane Cares program.
‘We are logistics professionals who take great pride in servicing a variety of industries’ comments John Magee, ‘Celebrating our 5 year milestone is a tremendous achievement for all our employees, their dedication and support have helped create an organization that continues to ’Challenge the Norm’. Our customers benefit from a dedicated team who are motivated and driven to question day to day operations and improve efficiency of their supply chains in the dynamic environment in which they operate. We continue to raise the bar on our expectations around service execution and our customers advise us that it is noticeably different if compared to our competitors.’
Crane Worldwide Logistics is a relationship-based organization that has a firm belief in the personal touch with its customers. Crane Worldwide Logistics offers a number of services including Air and Ocean freight forwarding, trucking, customs brokerage, warehousing and logistics as well as supply chain consultancy.