WICHITA, Kan. (Aug. 9, 2013)– Beechcraft Corporation today announced that a new chalet at the 10th annual Latin American Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (LABACE) will feature four products from its line of commercial piston and turboprop aircraft, along with a special mission King Air 350ER. Beechcraft is partnering with its regional distributor, Líder Aviação, for the event that runs Aug. 14-16, at Congonhas Airport in São Paulo, Brazil.
Beechcraft King Airs represent 56 percent of the Latin American business turboprop market, which has increased to nearly 1,800 aircraft according to recent JetNet data. Deliveries of King Airs throughout Latin America have increased 37 percent during the past five years compared to 2003-2007.
“We’ve now topped 1,000 King Airs registered across Latin America, with the largest concentrations in Brazil, Venezuela and Mexico,” said Keith Nadolski, president, Beechcraft Americas. “With 420 King Airs in Brazil, we have more than 70 percent of the business turboprop market share in what continues to be one of our largest growth areas outside the United States. LABACE gives us a great opportunity to visit with our growing Latin American customer base while offering a stage to showcase the durability, reliability and efficiency of our products to new customers.”
Beechcraft recently announced its second quarter 2013 worldwide deliveries in which were up 75 percent compared to the second quarter of 2012. The company delivered 56 Beechcraft commercial and military units versus 32 in the second quarter of 2012. For the first half of 2013, the company delivered 115 Beechcraft airplanes as compared to 69 in the first half of 2012, an increase of 66 percent.
Beechcraft aircraft on static display at LABACE Chalet #5107 include:
- King Air 350ER – The Special Mission King Air 350ER is on a yearlong tour covering more than 15 countries on six continents, flying an estimated 80,000 miles to demonstrateits performance, versatility and low operating costs. It is a standard extended-range (ER) airplane, which includes additional fuel capacity and heavy duty landing gear allowing for 2,500 nautical mile range and take-off weight of16,500 lbs. The aircraft’s unique interior configuration highlights the versatility and utility of the King Air family of aircraft. It is exhibited with a fully functioning medical station complete with medical oxygen, vacuumand pressure, a medical cabinet and a side-facing, three-place couch for doctor/medical attendants. The large cabin provides ample room for the installed airline style seating showcasing standard King Air chairs in a commuter airline mission. In addition, a maritime patrol console has also been installed to demonstrate surveillance configurations.
- King Air 350i – The Beechcraft King Air 350i turboprop features next generation capabilities and efficiency, providing a responsible, sustainable alternative for business air travelers. The King Air 350i is the greenest aircraft in its segment. It can take more passengers farther on less fuel – providing consistent savings for its operators. State-of-the-art design and performance enhancements afford customers more power and greater durability, while its new interior offers the most comfortable and capable cabin in its class.
- King Air 250 – Building on a reputation of proven performance, the next-generation Beechcraft King Air 250 features composite winglets and lightweight composite propellers,delivering improved runway performance, range, speed and enhanced climb. Passengers travel in quintessential King Air comfort, easily moving about in the spacious square-oval cabin over long-distance journeys. The King Air 250 further defines mission reliability with a ram air recovery system that maintains peak performance when the anti-icing system is activated, resulting in a high-performance, all-weather aircraft.
- King Air C90GTx – With advanced payload and performance enhancements, the Beechcraft King Air C90GTx is part of a long line of hard–working turboprops. With greater range and efficiency, this entry level twin–turboprop aircraft is ready to meet the needs of owners and pilots, as well as value–conscious corporations around the globe. Furthermore, the King Air C90GTx now comes standard with a fully integrated Collins Pro Line 21™ avionics system – the same sophisticated system found in large 30 million dollar jets. Unchanged, however, is the King Air’s singular blend of versatility, ruggedness, comfort and quality.
- Bonanza G36 – With unmatched efficiency and speed – as well as a cabin almost a third larger than its nearest competitor – the Beechcraft Bonanza G36 offers its customers superior performance for their money. Not only does it consume less fuel than its competitor, it is able to fly significantly faster. Designed and built strong enough to be certified in the rugged utility category, the Bonanza G36 is ready for any adventure with advanced technology and comfort and world–class Beechcraft quality. This piston–engine powerhouse can carry four passengers 750 miles and has a maximum cruise speed of more than 200 miles per hour.
For more information, visit beechcraft.com or follow us on Twitter @Beechcraft.