- The insurance provider Starr Aviation, recently partnered with the Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE) and Redbird Flight Simulations (Redbird) to reward participation of insureds in the Pilot Proficiency Project™.
- The Project offers a series of FAA WINGS-approved seminars AND simulator training scenarios that address common causes of general aviation accidents.
- Qualified Starr policyholders participating in Project seminars AND/OR simulator training will receive the benefits of the Accident Forgiveness Endorsement.
- Endorsement waives any premium increase due to an accident occurring after the certification (certain overriding events excluded).
- The next available opportunity for pilots to earn the Accident Forgiveness Endorsement will be during AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI, July 29-August 4, 2013.
- Pilots can sign up for an opportunity to “fly” one of eleven scenarios in Redbird's FMX full-motion simulator at the SAFE Tent, #35 in the Educational Interactive Zone (EIZ).
- Pilots are also encouraged to attend project safety seminars, conducted in the College Park and additionally located within the EIZ.
- Arrangements can be made for a one-on-one interview with either the SAFE President Doug Stewart or Jim Anderson, Senior Vice President of Starr Aviation. Both will be on site from July 29th-August 4th. Sloan Looney, Business Relationship Manager of Starr Aviation, will also be on site from July 29th-July 31st.
- Starr wants to incentivize participation by our insureds with this reward, as it demonstrates a pilot’s commitment to safety.
For further information, contact Sloan Looney, please see the below contact details:
Sloan Looney, Business Relationship Manager, Starr Aviation: 469- 587-1103 (w); 469-323-9562 (c); firstname.lastname@example.org