East Rutherford, NJ – June 21, 2013 – This week’s preview gala showcasing Los Angeles International Airport’s new Tom Bradley International Terminal featured a stellar lineup of exciting retail brands from a joint venture headed by premier travel retailer Hudson Group.
Last year Westfield Concessions Management, the Terminal Concessions Manager for LAX, selected a business venture comprised of Hudson Group and a group of local partners to build and operate 19 new shops in the newly renovated international terminal. The list of shops includes five travel essentials stores; 13 specialty retail stores, including luxury brands like Emporio Armani, Bulgari, Coach, Michael Kors, Hugo Boss, Tumi, Virgin/Boost and Bliss; along with local favorites such Fred Segal, Kitson, See’s Candies and Pinkberry.
Joe DiDomizio, President & CEO of Hudson Group, said: “This award is a milestone for our partnership group, probably one of the most significant wins in our 25-year history. It demonstrates our transition from a company perhaps best known as an excellent newsstand operator to a company at ease with operating international luxury brands. For that we can thank the growing reputation of our marketing and merchandising team, and the support of our parent company, Dufry. As the largest duty free operator in the world, Dufry has relationships with all the top designer and luxury brands. This access has greatly enhanced the portfolio of offerings that we are able to offer to airports.”
The joint venture is comprised of Hudson Group (HG) Retail, LLC and an assembly of dynamic LA businesses that provide local focus and understanding of the Los Angeles marketplace. The group includes equity partner Concourse Ventures, Inc. (Dale Cochran, principal), along with ACDBE partners Palazzo Concessions (Simeon Stewart and Michael Washington, principals); The Zaman Group (Karim Zaman, principal); MAJ Collection (Julie Jun, principal); and Arandia Designs (Luis Arandia, principal).
Stores will be ready when the terminal opens this summer, beginning with a bevy of newsstand brands, including Entertainment Weekly News, CNN Newsstand – Los Angeles, a news/gift store called Angeleno, and the newest incarnation of the Hudson News brand, called simply Hudson. Hudson takes the best of the traditional Hudson News shops and enhances it with a fresh, new look and the tech products and healthy snacks that travelers want.
The lineup of specialty retail, luxury and designer brands includes:
- Bulgari, since 1884, setting the pace for Italian style in jewelry, watches, accessories, fragrances, skincare and leather goods.
- Emporio Armani, the epitome of Italian design in modern and contemporary clothing and accessories.
- Michael Kors, fashion-forward handbags and accessories from superstar American designer Michael Kors.
- Coach, since the 1940s, America’s favorite designer handbag, small leather goods and travelers’ accessories.
- Hugo Boss, high-end fashion and lifestyle brand known the world over.
- Bliss, luxurious spa-worthy skin, hair and body lotions and potions, with a twist of humor.
- Victoria’s Secret, indulgent beauty products, fragrances and branded accessories.
- Tumi, the world’s favorite brand for luxury travel, business and lifestyle accessories that stand up to the rigors of frequent flying.
- Fred Segal, the upscale, LA-based department store that has been intriguing and delighting Los Angeles shoppers for over 50 years. The TBIT store is an exclusive opportunity to showcase this iconic LA shopping destination.
This week’s preview gala showcasing Los Angeles International Airport’s new Tom Bradley International Terminal featured a stellar lineup of exciting retail brands from a joint venture headed by...