Hawkesbury – (June 18, 2013) - DART Aerospace is pleased to announce that it is now accepting orders for the upcoming launch of its Emergency Float System for the Robinson R66 model aircraft. The affordable R66 Emergency Float System allows over-water operations and is designed to be easily retrofitted on in-service R66 aircraft. It can also be quickly removed in 30 minutes for overland operations. DART expects FAA approval for this product in the third quarter of 2013.
DART encourages customers to order now as orders will be filled on a first arrived, first served basis, once production starts.
- Affordable system for all R66 operators
- Easy retrofit on in-service R66 aircraft
- Plug-and-play floats that can be quickly removed in 30 minutes for overland operations
- Compatible with the existing ground handling wheels
- Optimized floor space with reservoir assembly installed in the ceiling of the baggage compartment
- Exchange program available to reduce downtime
- Manufactured from lightweight urethane coated nylon with durable covers
- Reservoir made of aluminum with a carbon fiber and fiberglass wrap to reduce the risk of corrosion
- Stainless steel valve to reduce the risk of corrosion
- Optional skidtube extension available to convert the standard skidgear to accept the aft float
- Lacing panel included to facilitate the repackaging of the floats
ABOUT DART AEROSPACE:
DART Aerospace is “Mission Ready”. A privately held aerospace company, we provide industry-leading design, manufacturing and market-certified solutions for the helicopter and aerospace industry. With an impressive line-up of over 700 STC’s and 5,000 products, DART offers a comprehensive portfolio of: aftermarket products, accessories, spare parts and tools for civil and military operators, all major rotorcraft OEMs, completion centers and MR&O facilities. DART’s key products include: flotation systems, landing gears, interior and exterior accessories, cargo expansion, external loads, cable cutters and filters. All this, in addition to extensive engineering capabilities and manufacturing centers delivering fast time-to-market solutions with superior customer support in over 120 countries worldwide.