Kenosha, Wis., May 30, 2013 – Snap-on Industrial’s new Visual Tool Control (VTC) tool storage box with a clear abrasion resistant polycarbonate window gives technicians a full view of their tools for instant accountability and asset management.
The VTC, which can hold about 100 tools, is ideal for aerospace, manufacturing and other industries where tool control and asset management is paramount. The ability for technicians to return their tools and see if any are missing, even after the box is closed, greatly reduces tool loss and foreign object damage (FOD) concerns.
The VTC is perfect for point-of-use work for specific maintenance functions. This means the VTC can be outfitted with tools for a certain work task or function, and positioned in that area so technicians always have the right tools ready to use. The VTC is secured with an e-lock or keyless entry system.
Features and benefits of the VTC include:
• Designed to visually manage tools at the point of use
• Single-layer box positions tools at an angle for easy viewing and access
• Strike-zone presentation of tools at waist level to eliminate the need to bend or stretch for tools
• Available in 34”, which will hold about 70 tools, and 49”, which holds about 100 tools
• Full swing door hinge creates unobstructed entry when opened, gas shocks keep door in the upright position
• Interior tool control options: foam or metal peg board
For more information about Visual Tool Control (VTC) tool storage box from Snap-on Industrial, call 877.740.1900, or visit http://www1.snapon.com/Industrial/Products/whatsnew/VTC.html
About Snap-on Industrial
Snap-on Industrial is a division of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, diagnostics, equipment, software and service solutions for professional users. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as customers in industry, government, agriculture, aviation and natural resources. Products and services are sold through the company’s franchisee, company-direct, distribution and Web-based channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $2.9 billion, S&P 500 Company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin.