The experience of taking a private jet to and from the heart of London will soon be even better, as the Jet Centre at London City Airport (LCY) is getting a makeover.
An extensive remodelling and refurbishment programme is underway to enhance the customer experience at the facility, which is located just three miles from Canary Wharf and seven miles from the City. The works aim to streamline and speed up the passenger journey through the Jet Centre, while building on the levels of customer service for which the LCY Jet Centre is known.
The key elements of the refurbishment comprise:
- A modernised building, including an improved reception area, large private lounge and new state-of-the-art private meeting room for passengers’ use
- New entrance, just a 10 second walk from the car park
- Improved Jet Centre layout to facilitate interaction between Jet Centre staff and customers, enhancing the personal service delivery that passengers expect
- New ground floor crew facility
- Updated security screening in a new, dedicated, private facility
- Border Force officer on site throughout operational hours
- A new 60 second plane to car arrival pledge
As well as making improvements to the Jet Centre passenger experience, security facilities are to be updated and relocated to a new, dedicated area where discreet checks can be carried out before passengers board their jet - ensuring increased levels of privacy and personal service, as well as a more rapid transit through the process.
Axel Ienna, London City Airport Jet Centre Director, believes the improved Jet Centre layout and facilities will add a new dimension to an already premium product, providing unique connectivity to the UK’s business heart: “The Jet Centre 2013 represents a significant change in the way we do things and the service we offer – still premium quality, still with a personal touch, but now with a new dimension of speed, convenience and dedication exactly suited to the needs of the discerning private jet customer.”
The remodelling works are expected to take around six weeks to complete and are already underway. Work will be completed outside of normal operating hours to avoid disruption.
Mantovani oversees technical support, warranty, spares, repair services, upgrades, refurbishment, on site assistance, technical publication updates, training and programme management for working...