Chicago Midway International Airport - the nation's fastest growing airport - continues to add new destinations for travelers. During this month alone, airlines at Midway have added service to five new destinations, including:
- Frontier Airlines began service to Trenton, NJ (TTN) on April 8. Flight operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
- AirTran/Southwest began service to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ) on April 14. Flight will operate Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Southwest began two flights daily to Rochester, NY (RCO) on April 14.
- Southwest began daily service to Tulsa, OK (TUL) on April 14.
- Southwest began two flights daily to Charlotte, NC (CLT) on April 14. In addition to the brand new destinations above, AirTran also began service to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Tampa (TPA) on April 14, Monday through Saturday.
Midway has experienced tremendous growth in recent years and the growth continues in 2013. In 2012, Midway recorded its highest passenger total in the airport's 85-year history with 9.67 million enplanements. Currently, five airlines at Midway provide service to over 65 destinations.
In addition to serving more passengers and adding new destinations, Midway has made improvements to enhance the travel experience. A new consolidated rental car facility at Midway is now open at 5150 W. 55th Street. The new facility replaces the rental car customer service centers, facilities and lots that were previously located in and around Midway and consolidates them into one convenient location. The facility contains several environmentally-friendly features such as solar panels and wind turbines to generate clean power, a detention basin to manage storm water and elements to collect rainwater for irrigation.