WICHITA, Kan. (April 5, 2013) – Beechcraft Corporation is showcasing its current production lineup at this year’s Sun ’n Fun International Fly-In and Expo April 9-14 in Lakeland, Fla. The King Air 350i, King Air 250, King Air C90GTx, Baron G58 and Bonanza G36 will be on display at booths MD7-B/MD8-A at the Lakeland Linder Regional Airport. Beechcraft is also proud to host the Sun ‘n Fun show headquarters for the American Bonanza Society (ABS) as a key part of its exhibit.
“Sun ’n Fun is a great opportunity to spend time with many of our passionate pilots and owners, and this year’s show is even more meaningful as it is our first public event as the newly formed Beechcraft Corporation,” said Keith Nadolski, president, Beechcraft Americas. “We’re also pleased to partner with ABS to have the organization at our booth.”
The American Bonanza Society was formed in 1967 and has grown to more than 10,000 members who own, fly or are enthusiasts of Bonanza, Baron, Debonair and Travel Air aircraft.
Beechcraft products on display include the following:
- King Air 350i – The Beechcraft King Air 350i turboprop features next generation capabilities and efficiency, providing a responsible, sustainable alternative for business air travelers. Not only is the King Air 350i its segment’s greenest aircraft, but it can also take more passengers farther on less fuel – meaning consistent savings for its operators. This, combined with state-of-the-art design and performance enhancements, represents new heights of power and durability, while its new interior means that it has the most comfortable and capable cabin ever offered in its class.
- King Air 250 – Building on a reputation of proven performance, the next-generation Beechcraft King Air 250 features composite winglets and lightweight composite propellers, delivering improved runway performance, range, speed and enhanced climb. Passengers travel in quintessential King Air comfort, easily moving about in the spacious square-oval cabin over long-distance journeys. The King Air 250 further defines mission reliability with a ram air recovery system that maintains peak performance when the anti-icing system is activated, resulting in a high-performance, all-weather aircraft.
- King Air C90GTx – Key enhancements to the King Air C90GTx include an increase in gross weight and the addition of composite winglets, which improve climb performance and further increase fuel efficiency. Featuring a cabin 50 percent larger than some very light jets, the C90GTx seats up to seven passengers in its famed squared-oval design, allowing greater passenger comfort. It includes an in-flight accessible, heated and pressurized baggage storage area along with a private aft lavatory as standard.
- Baron G58 – The twin-engine piston aircraft that pilots aspire to own, the Beechcraft Baron G58 offers unmatched performance and range/payload capabilities in its segment. It also features a premium cabin that provides the best ride of any twin-engine aircraft, including flexible seating that allows for seating of two, four or six people, with the option to reconfigure and remove seats to accommodate mission needs and large baggage items. Its flight deck includes fully integrated Garmin G1000® avionics with a GFC 700 flight control system and new GWX 68 color weather radar.
- Bonanza G36 – With unmatched efficiency and speed – as well as a cabin almost a third larger than its nearest competitor – the Beechcraft Bonanza G36 offers its customers superior performance for their money. Not only does it consume less fuel than its competitor, it is able to fly significantly faster. Designed and built strong enough to be certified in the rugged utility category, the Bonanza G36 is ready for any adventure with first–class technology and comfort and world–class Beechcraft quality. This piston–engine powerhouse can carry four passengers 750 miles and has a maximum cruise speed of more than 200 miles per hour.
About Beechcraft Corporation
Beechcraft Corporation designs, builds and supports versatile and globally renowned aircraft, including the King Air turboprops, piston-engine Baron and Bonanza, and the T-6 trainer and AT-6 light attack military aircraft. Its 5,400 highly skilled employees are focused on continuously improving the company’s products and services which are sold to individuals, businesses and governments worldwide. In business since 1932, Beechcraft has built more than 54,000 aircraft and more than 36,000 continue flying today. It leads the industry with a global network of more than 90 factory-owned and authorized service centers. The company’s headquarters and major manufacturing facilities are located in Wichita, Kan. For more information, visit beechcraft.com or follow us on Twitter @Beechcraft.