LAS VEGAS, NEV., March 25, 2013 -- Nearly 1,500 avionics manufacturers, dealers, installers and other general aviation professionals have converged at the 56th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show, which opened today at the MGM Grand Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The four-day event takes place March 25-28, and it is the largest gathering of avionics manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations in the world.
The AEA Convention is the preeminent venue dedicated solely to the general aviation avionics industry. Not open to the public, this event's primary focus is providing avionics professionals with educational and marketing opportunities between equipment manufacturers, distributors and government-certified repair stations. The general aviation avionics community knows the AEA Convention is a must-attend gathering for growing their businesses, training their technicians and meeting with their dealer network.
The city of Las Vegas, Nev., plays host to this year's event. Avionics professionals will experience the following highlights during the week, just to name a few.
- The event is the platform of choice for the introduction of several new avionics products coming to market this year.
- More than 75 hours of regulatory, technical and business management training and professional development.
- The AEA's Fast Traks and technical training workshops are approved for credit toward the AEA's Avionics Training Excellence Award, as well as accepted for FAA IA renewal and the AMT Awards Program.
- An Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies and more than 130 exhibitors.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- Recognition of Dan Derby, the 2013 AEA Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
- Recognition of the 2013 AEA Member of the Year Award recipient.
- Recognition of the 2013 AEA Associate Member of the Year Award recipient.
- Dealer discounts offered from manufacturers as part of the AEA Show Specials.
- Unique social events and networking opportunities with industry colleagues, including the First-Nighter Party, the annual AEA Awards Luncheon and the Farewell Reception.
- 32nd Lowell Gaylor Memorial Golf Tournament to benefit the AEA Educational Foundation.
In addition, the AEA Educational Foundation, in partnership with the National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT), will offer registered attendees free Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certification and endorsement exams. Attendees may test their knowledge in achieving the NCATT's highly regarded avionics technician certification. This $100 value is only available through the AEA at the convention.
OFFICIAL OPENING AND NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS LIVE-STREAMING
One of the most popular sessions each year is the AEA Opening Ceremonies, sponsored by Universal Avionics Systems Corp., and the AEA New Product Introductions. This must-see event takes place Tuesday, March 26, and it continues to draw the attention of the entire general aviation community. This year is no different, as the Aero-News Network will be live-streaming the AEA Opening Ceremonies and New Product Introductions around the world on the Internet for the fourth straight year.
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA) represents more than 1,300 aviation businesses, including repair stations that specialize in maintenance, repair and installation of...
Attendees and Exhibitors Depart the Largest Wholesale Avionics Show in the General Aviation Industry.
Nearly 1,400 avionics professionals have converged at the 54th annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show, at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, NV, scheduled from March 22-25.
Nearly 1,400 avionics manufacturers, dealers, installers and other GA professionals gathered March 22-25 at the 54th annual Aircraft Electronics Association International Convention & Trade Show.