ARLINGTON, Virginia – Cobham will exhibit at HELI-EXPO 2013, during 5-7 March 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Cobham’s stands, located in the North Hall #4831 and Central Hall #715, will highlight solutions in the following key areas:
COBHAM, BOOTH N4831:
- Antennas – multi-frequency and direction finding antennas for search and rescue operations police, fire departments and air ambulance services; SATCOM antennas for INMARSAT Swiftbroadband service.
- Airborne Communications – Flexcomm™ tactical radios and FliteLine™ nav/com radios; Digital Audio Control Systems (DACS); standard definition/high definition video downlinks for helicopters; airborne downlinks for high-powered COFDM video transmitters; airborne COFDM video repeaters; ground-based COFDM receivers.
- Crew safety and survival – Mobile Aircrew Restraint Systems (MARS) and the Mobile Aircrew Vest Interface (MAVI) to improve aircrew safety and survivability; Helicopter Emergency Egress Lighting Systems (HEELS) for the civil rotary wing market; Automatic Quick Underwater Activated Release (AQUAR) allowing passengers to more quickly egress helicopters during underwater incidents.
- Mission effectiveness – Airborne Information Management products (servers/routers); clocks, and lighting solutions.
COBHAM COMMERCIAL SYSTEMS, BOOTH C715:
- Enhanced situational awareness and flight safety – 3D synthetic vision EFIS and HeliSAS® stability augmentation system and autopilot. HeliSAS demo flights are available to qualified parties. See Jamie Luster in booth C715.
Key Cobham personnel will be on hand to discuss these capabilities daily during HELI-EXPO 2013’s exhibition hours (10am-5pm).
Cobham specializes in meeting the insatiable demand for data, connectivity and bandwidth in defence, security and commercial environments. Offering a technically diverse and innovative range of technologies and services, the Group protects lives and livelihoods, responding to customer needs with agility that differentiates it. The most important thing we build is trust. Employing 10,000 people on five continents, the Group has customers and partners in over 100 countries.
It allows installation of HeliSAS on a significant new range of Eurocopter helicopters, including: AS350B, B1, B2, B3, BA, D, and EC130B4 models across the European Union.
The Civilian Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) has granted STC #VSTC0591 to Cobham, allowing installation of HeliSAS on hundreds of Bell 407 helicopters in that country.
NexAir Represents S-TEC with NEW Autopilot for Helicopters Cobham's (S-TEC) New Helicopter Autopilot (HeliSAS) is Available for Installation at NexAir Avionics
As an autopilot, HeliSAS offers heading (HDG), navigation (NAV), back course (BC), altitude (ALT) and vertical speed (VRT) hold.
HELI-EXPO 2010, 2011, Honored As Among Largest Trade Shows in U.S.; HELI-EXPO 2012 Set to Break Records
HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, FL, saw net square footage increased by more than 16 percent from the previous year.