Montreal, November 15th, 2012 - In keeping with our constant striving to exceed customer expectations for only the best from Walter products, Walter has launched a new, efficient application for iPhones. The Walter Safety App has been designed to provide metalworkers around the world with easy access to essential safety information when working on factory floors, job sites, etc. With Walter's continuous focus on safety in the workplace, this application is a natural extension of the Mechanical Safety Seminars offered by Walter sales teams in all markets.
The Walter Application highlights:
- Abrasives speed chart: provides MAX RPM info for all Walter abrasive discs, based on their diameters
- Grinding angles: provides minimum and maximum grinding angles according to type of grinder and choice of abrasive
- Drill Bits speed chart: provides optimal drilling RPM according to drill bit diameter and type of material to be drilled
- Annular Core Cutter speed chart: establishes the recommended RPM based on the cutter diameter and the type of material to be cut
- Unit converter: converts hundreds of unit measurements - length, area, volume, speed, mass, and temperature
- Flashlight: use your phone as a flashlight. Never get caught in the dark again!
- Level: determine the angle of any surface
There are also quick links to instructional Walter videos and walter.com.
‘’I use this all the time at work and home. I am a welder and a part time hobbyist. Walter comes up with great tools to make sure you’re doing everything right’’.
‘’I love it. RPMS have no secrets anymore.’’
2 ways to download the Walter Safety App on your iPhone:
Go to the “App Store” on your iPhone, press the “Search” icon and type “Walter Safety” in the search box;
On your computer, click here and save the App in iTunes, then synchronize iTunes with your iPhone
iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5
iPod touch 3rd , 4th, 5th generation
Requires, iOS 5.0 or later.
With its new iPhone application Walter safety is even closer to you.
About WALTER – 60 years of success
Walter Surface Technologies has grown as a leader in surface treatment technologies for 60 years providing high productivity abrasives, power tools, tooling, chemical tools and environmental solutions for the metal working industry. Founded in Montreal in 1952, the company is now established in 7 countries throughout North America, South America and Europe. US headquarters are located in Windsor, Connecticut and the new Bio-Circle regional headquarters are situated in the Chicago area.
For additional information: www.walter.com
Derived from natural sources, NATURE BOOST is the newest alternative to toxic solvents