Alexandria, VA – November 14, 2012 — The National Air Transportation Association’s (NATA) annual Aviation Business Roundtable once again brought key executives in the industry together with some of the most influential decision makers in Washington, D.C. The two-day event (November 12-13) consisted of high-level meetings to discuss critical financial and political issues affecting the aviation business community.
Highlights from the 2012 Aviation Business Roundtable included a:
- Luncheon with an opening speech by EADS North America Chairman of the Board and CEO Sean O’Keefe.
- General Aviation panel discussion with Ed Bolen, President and CEO, National Business Aviation Association, Pete Bunce, President and CEO, General Aircraft Manufacturers Association, Craig Fuller, President and CEO, Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, and Chuck Suma, Senior Vice President, Global Asset Management, NetJets, Inc.
- 2012 election analysis with Rob Chamberlin, Executive Vice President and Business Development Director, McBee Strategic, and Sam Whitehorn, Executive Vice President and Recruiting & Hiring Director, McBee Strategic.
- Reception and dinner featuring legendary athlete and aviation business owner Bruce Jenner.
- Transportation Security Administration roundtable with The Honorable John S. Pistole, Administrator.
- National Transportation Safety Board roundtable with The Honorable Deborah A.P. Hersman, Chairman, and The Honorable Robert L. Sumwalt, Member.
- Federal Aviation Administration roundtable with The Honorable Michael P. Huerta, Acting Administrator.
“This time each year, NATA assembles panels and presenters to help us understand the most important issues that our industry faces,” stated NATA President and CEO Thomas L. Hendricks. “From leaders on Capitol Hill to experts within our own industry, this year’s Roundtable provided a robust platform for our members to learn the latest economic, political, security and legislative issues that will affect their businesses in 2013 and beyond."
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their...
will be a featured speaker during the Opening General Session at NBAA's 65th Annual Meeting & Convention (NBAA2012), which runs Oct. 30 to Nov. 1 in Orlando, FL.
The funds for CAN were raised through an annual benefit titled, NBAA/CAN Soiree – An Evening With Angels, which included live and silent auctions and a concert performance by Frankie Valli & the...