HOW TO COMMENT (NOV. 19, 2012, DEADLINE):
- Go to: www.regulations.gov.
- On the home page, in the SEARCH box, type: faa-2006-26408-0211.
- The FAA NPRM will appear. Click on COMMENT NOW.
- Complete the comment form. Note: Step 3 of the form gives you the ability to attach a comment letter (document) on your repair station/company letterhead, if you prefer not to type your comments in the box provided.
- Hit Submit.
- That's it -- it's simple! Please take the time to do it, as it's critical to your business!
For more information about this urgent matter, including the AEA's comparative analysis of the NPRM, visit www.aea.net/part145. Comments are due no later than Nov. 19, 2012.
AEA staff members will be available to discuss the potentially damaging consequences of the NPRM during the NBAA Convention in Orlando, Fla., at booth No. 2591.
Founded in 1957, the Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA) represents more than 1,300 aviation businesses, including repair stations that specialize in maintenance, repair and installation of...
NPRM also proposed to require each repair station to maintain a capability list, designate a chief inspector, and have permanent housing for facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel.
Well fellow mechanics and repairmen, here is your first opportunity to get involved.
AEA Begins Series of Member Webinars to Analyze the FAA's Potentially Damaging Rewrite of Part 145 Repair Stations
Ric Peri offered an overview of the FAA's proposal along with developing and submitting comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) in the first webinar.