Wichita, KS – The National Institute for Aviation Research at Wichita State University has received Nadcap AC7122/1 accreditation for Non Metallic Materials Testing, including composites and adhesive/adhesive primer. NIAR is one of only seven test laboratories in the United States with this accreditation.
NIAR is capable of providing testing to Nadcap standards in the following areas:
- 1.1.1 Tensile Ambient Temperature
- 1.1.2 Tensile Non–ambient Temperature
- 1.1..3 Tensile Strain Measurement
- 1.17.1 Bearing Strength
- 1.2.1 Compression Ambient Temperature
- 1.2.2 Compression Non–ambient Temperature
- 1.2.3 Compression Strain Measurement
- 1.20.1 Compression after Impact CAI
- 1.21.1 Flatwise tension Sandwich
- 1.22.1 Sandwich Flexure
- 1.3.1 Shear Ambient Temperature by SBS
- 1.3.2 Shear Ambient Temperature ±45 Tension
- 1.3.3 Shear Ambient Temperature by Compression
- 1.3.4 Shear Ambient Temperature by V Notch
- 1.3.5 Shear Non–ambient (any method)
- 1.3.6 Shear Strain Measurement
NIAR’s NADCAP Scope of Accreditation can found online at https://www.niar.wichita.edu/profile/Files/NADCAP_Accreditation_NIAR.pdf or on the Performance Review Institute’s Qualified Manufacturer Listing at www.eauditnet.com.
NIAR chose to seek accreditation due to industry and customer demands. Keith Fitzgeralds, research engineer for NIAR’s Calibration & Quality Lab, oversaw the accreditation process.
“We saw this as the next step in maintaining NIAR’s reputation as a reliable and professional research and test facility,” he said.
NIAR is a unique university research facility capable of providing proprietary research, development, testing and certification services in the following laboratories: Advanced Coatings, Aging Aircraft, Composites and Advanced Materials, Computational Mechanics, Crash Dynamics, Environmental Test, Full-Scale Structural Test, Mechanical Test, Nondestructive Test, Virtual Reality & Reverse Engineering, Walter H. Beech Wind Tunnel.