Ribbon Cutting, Official Opening for Kansas City’s Newest Museum
Museum Dedicated to Trans World Airlines, Kansas City’s Hometown Airline,Opens in its Original 1931 Headquarters
WHAT: Ribbon cutting and open house, hosted by original TWA flight attendants and Signature Flight Support
WHERE: 10 Richards Road, downtown KC airport (Signature Flight Support
WHEN: Thursday, June 7th
5:30 p.m. Ribbon Cutting ceremony (photo op; media interviews)
4 – 7 p.m. Open House, refreshments in hangar
- To celebrate preservation of the birthplace of commercial aviation which occurred right here in Kansas City, at the original headquarters of TWA
- To showcase historical artifacts and collections from this pioneer in aviation
WHO: Signature Flight Support executives, city and chamber dignitaries, TWA Museum president
- Thousands of former TWA employees, aviation enthusiasts and history buffs will be interested to see the airline, which played such a rich part in ansas City’s economic growth, brought back to life.
- The site is historically and nationally significant for contributions to the early history of aviation. The mysterious Aviator Howard Hughes worked in this building alongside TWA’s pioneers.
- Signature Flight Support, which owns the facility, has played a visionary role in guiding the creation the museum. The company expects the museum to draw visitors to KC as a desired destination.
About TWA Museum
The TWA Museum is dedicated to the preservation of the legacy of Trans World Airlines' leadership in the world of commercial aviation. The museum will provide an educational center for the public to experience the story and history of the major role TWA played in pioneering the world of commercial aviation. From the birth of airmail to the inception of passenger air travel, to the post-WWII era of global route expansion, TWA led the way for 75 years.
The TWA Museum's goal is to ensure a permanent, ever-expanding and professionally exhibited collection of artifacts that bring this story to life, right here in the Heartland — where it all began. It is dedicated to the preservation of the legacy of Trans World Airlines' leadership in the world of commercial aviation. Twamuseumat10richardsroad.org
About Signature Flight Support
Signature Flight Support Corporation, a BBA Aviation plc company, is the world’s largest fixed-base operation (FBO) and distribution network for business aviation services. Signature services include fueling, hangar and office rentals, ground handling, maintenance and a wide range of crew and passenger amenities at strategic domestic and international locations. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Signature currently operates at more than 100 locations in the United States, Europe, South America, Africa and Asia. For more information, please visit: www.signatureflight.com.