What: As the workforce in many aspects of aviation and aerospace ages, more than 1,200 high school students will participate in the seventh annual The Sky’s the Limit: Aviation Career Day held at Van Nuys Airport (VNY), gaining information and resources for careers in these fields. Los Angeles City Councilmember Tony Cárdenas, Syncro Aviation, Van Nuys Airport, and The Valley Economic Alliance will host 40-plus interactive exhibits, static aircraft displays, presentations and industry experts.
- More than 1,200 high school students
- Los Angeles City Councilmember - Tony Cárdenas
- Syncro Aviation President - Pierre Louis-Moroni
- Van Nuys Airport Manager - Jess Romo
- Valley Economic Alliance President - Ron Wood
- Clay Lacy Aviation Chief Executive Officer - Clay Lacy
When: Friday, April 20, 2012
9 a.m.: Remarks
9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Exhibits and airport tours
Where: Media parking at Syncro Aviation (across from the Van Nuys Flyaway)
7701 Woodley Ave., Van Nuys
Visuals: High school students using interactive displays, exploring static aircraft and interacting with industry professionals. Scheduled exhibits and aircraft displays include the Kitty Hawk Squadron, helicopters from the Los Angeles Fire Department and Children’s Hospital, and more.
Contact: Diana Sanchez, Van Nuys Airport, (818) 216-5290, firstname.lastname@example.org