* Batesville, Mississippi: Composite fan platforms and cases
* San Marcos, Texas: Composite fan blades
* Dayton, Ohio: Ducts and tubes
* Durham, North Carolina: Engine hot section assembly
* Greenville, South Carolina: Turbine blades
* Hooksett, New Hampshire: Blisks, sectors & tubes
* Jacksonville, Florida: Turbine ignitions components, sensors & harnesses
* Lynn, Massachusetts: CDP seals
* Madisonville, Kentucky: turbine airfoils
* Manchester, Connecticut: Structures
* Middle River, Maryland: Thrust reversers
* Rutland, Vermont: Airfoils
* Terre Haute, Indiana: Combustor assembly
* Wilmington, North Carolina: Rotating parts
* West Jefferson, North Carolina: Rotating parts
The Boeing 787 program has also increased production efforts at the following GE Aviation Systems location:
* Grand Rapids, Michigan: Common Core System
* Cheltenham, England: Remote data concentrators for the Common
Core System, assistance on landing gear actuation system
* Yakima, Washington: Landing gear actuation system
The GEnx is part of GE's "ecomagination" product portfolio - GE's business strategy to develop new, cost-effective technologies that enhance customers' environmental and operating performance.
GE Aviation's common core system (CCS) provides the primary computing environment for the Dreamliner. The remote data concentrators (RDC) are designed to consolidate inputs from the aircraft's systems and sensors and distribute it via the aircraft's avionics full duplex switched Ethernet network. GE developed the common core system on the Wind River VxWorks 653 partitioned operating environment.
GE's integrated landing gear system controls the deployment and retraction of the aircraft landing gears, including the nose landing gear steering. In addition to the normal package of mechanical hardware, GE provides the flight deck interfaces and local control electronics.
GE Aviation, an operating unit of GE (NYSE: GE), is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components and integrated systems for commercial, military, business and general aviation aircraft. GE Aviation has a global service network to support these offerings. For more information, visit us at www.ge.com/aviation. Follow GE Aviation on Twitter at http://twitter.com/GEAviation and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/GEAviation.
EVENDALE, OHIO - March 8, 2012 - The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has granted 330-minute extended-range, twin-engine operations (ETOPS) Approval to 14 CFR Part 33.201 for the GEnx-1B...
Etihad Airways has selected the GEnx-1B engine to power 10 additional Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft and signed a 15-year OnPoint solution agreement for the maintenance, repair and overhaul on these...
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - April 23, 2012 - The historic April 22 flight of Japan Airlines' GEnx-1B-powered Boeing 787 Dreamliner marked a number of firsts: JAL's first flight of the newly delivered...
This bring Hainan Airlines' total GEnx-powered Boeing 787 Dreamliner fleet to 10 aircraft.