• CIAO Gourmet Market was developed with HMSHost’s parent company, Autogrill, with the goal toprovide fresh gourmet food that is easily portable. From a Fruit & Nut Breakfast Wrap, to natural andorganic snacks including chips and Naked® Juice, CIAO Gourmet Market is the ‘grab-n-go’ stop fortravelers on the move through a busy airport. In addition, most of the produce used in CIAO’s selectionsis locally sourced when available in season.• Overseas, HMSHost Europe opened FairTaste Café at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in April, whereguests enjoy Max Havelaar Fairtrade coffee, as well as delicious sandwiches made with organic andethically-produced ingredients.
• Additional goals under Nutritional Wellness include expansion of vegetarian menu offerings, a roll-out ofsauces and dressings that are lower in sodium, and further development of menus that address specificdietary and allergy concerns.The third area of focus—Partner With the Communities We Serve to Build a Better Future—has alwaysbeen part of HMSHost’s vision. Every year, from the corporate office to field operations, HMSHost contributesto more than 225 organizations including local food banks, children’s hospitals and the USO. Indirect, directand in-kind donations totaled more than $1.6M last year and reached more than 100 communitiesneighboring the company’s operations.
• HMSHost operates a number of locations—including Tampa International and Charlotte-DouglasInternational airports— that donate excess product to local food banks. The company is working toincrease this effort through internal communications and training to the general managers of its 75 airportand more than 80 motorway travel plazas in the U.S. This type of partnership not only helps nearbycommunities, it diverts food waste from landfills—an important secondary benefit.
• For the past three years, HMSHost’s corporate office has mobilized a team to support the annual springcleanup of Cabin John Creek near the company’s headquarters in Montgomery County Maryland. In2011, more than 30 HMSHost associates and their families took part in the annual early spring event.
• Additional community-partnering goals include creating a greater amount of community volunteerism andsetting a benchmark challenge for employees to increase volunteer hours annually.“We operate in high consumer traffic venues so it is important to look at smarter uses of our resourcesand how we can contribute as a neighbor with a vested interest in the communities we serve,” saidDunn.For a complete list of HMSHost’s sustainability and corporate citizenship efforts, visit the company’s new website. This sustainability section of the web site will be updated on a regular basis as the program grows.
Highlights from the fourth annual Airports Going Green Conference include a global reporting initiative, waste diversion strategies, and sustainable parking technology
Amsterdam October 17, 2012 – Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and HMSHost, a world leader in travel dining, announce the extension of the current food and beverage contract at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol...
Local restaurant favorites headline openings this summer at airport’s busiest terminal
HMSHost celebrates impressive industry recognition in all Large Food Operator categories by Airport Revenue News (ARN) for 2013.