WARRENDALE, Pa., Oct. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The 2011 Department of Defense (DoD) Maintenance Symposium and Exhibition, which is administered by SAE International, is set for Nov. 14-17 at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas.
The theme for the 2011 Department of Defense Maintenance Symposium is, "Achieving Readiness through Efficiency and Effectiveness in Maintenance Operations." The agenda for the meeting is structured to frame the policy, resourcing, process and technology issues that can make a difference for the DoD maintenance community. Issues to be addressed include:
- It's the Law: Depot Maintenance & Title 10 – Congressional stakeholders influence DoD through legislation legislative staff and DoD policy makers, sharing your perspective about the important framework that underpins DoD maintenance.
- A Look into the Depot of the Future – Achieving goals, such as, a 25 percent reduction in costs and 50 percent reduction in cycle times by 2020, requires commitment, innovation, and aggressiveness – along with investment in human capital, technology, and infrastructure.
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems-Maintenance Support Challenge – A growing dependence on this new technology will shape future maintenance requirements.
In addition, discussion and sessions will focus on the effects of overseas contingency operations and reset on maintenance; responsive sustainment of emerging weapons systems; and forging new maintenance organizations and capabilities for warfighter readiness.
Plenary session panels will include:
- Satisfying Readiness Requirements with Reduced Resources
- Senior Logisticians' Roundtable
- Future Capability of DoD Maintenance Depots – Implementation Considerations and Defense
- Sustainment Industrial Base Outcomes
Featured speakers will include:
- The Honorable Mr. Alan Estevez, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics and Materiel Readiness
- GEN Robert Cone, USA, Commanding General, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (Invited)
- VADM William Burke, USN, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Fleet Readiness and Logistics
- Lt. Gen. Frank Panter, Jr, USMC, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps
- Lt. Gen. Loren Reno, USAF, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force
- Mr. John Johns, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Maintenance
- LTG Claude Christianson, (U.S. Army Ret), Director, Center for Joint and Strategic Logistics, National Defense University
- Mr. Robert Weiss, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Aeronautics Operations, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE International
2011 Department of Defense Maintenance Symposium, Administered by SAE International, Set for Nov. 14-17
Discussion and sessions will focus on the effects of overseas contingency operations and reset on maintenance; responsive sustainment of emerging weapons systems; and forging new maintenance...
Huntington Beach, CA – April 4, 2012 – Perfect Point EDM Corporation, makers of the revolutionary E-Drill electrodischarge fastener removal system, was named the winner of the $100,000 Commercial...
Arlington , Va. - The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) announced that Lt. Gen Rick Lynch (U.S. Army, ret.) and Insitu's Paul McDuffee have joined AUVSI's Board of...
They have signed a partnering agreement that allows AAR ACS to provide new and expanded component repair services using equipment at Logistic Center Woensdrecht (LCW).