Palm Springs, Calif., April 20 — The Aircraft Electronics Association announced the recipients of the annual Avionics Training Excellence award during today's Opening Ceremony of the 49th annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show. The Avionics Training Excellence award recognizes AEA members for their total commitment to training as evidenced by participation in AEA–approved training. This year, 64 members were recognized, which is the most ever.
Pilots and aircraft owners have no easy way of knowing about a repair station’s dedication to technician training; however, with a recognized commitment to training and by displaying the Avionics Training Excellence award, these AEA repair stations demonstrate their dedication to professional development and assure their customers of high levels of service.
Avionics Training Excellence awards were presented to:
• Aero Charter Inc., Chesterfield, Mo.
• Aerocorp Avionic Solutions Inc., Calgary, Canada
• Ahr Aviation, San Antonio, Texas
• Air Services, Cleveland, Ohio
• Arapahoe Aero Avionics, Englewood, Colo.
• Atlantic Aero Inc., Greensboro, N.C.
• Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Indianapolis, Ind.
• AVWEST ATLANTA, Kennesaw, Ga.
• Banyan Air Service, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
• Bloomington Avionics Inc., Bloomington, Ill.
• Byerly Aviation, Peoria, Ill.
• CE Avionics Inc., Sanford, Fla.
• Chelton Flight Systems, Boise, Idaho
• Custom Avionics, Bartow, Fla.
• Dyersburg Avionics, Caruthersville, Mo.
• Epps Aviation, Atlanta, Ga.
• Executive Autopilots, Inc., Sacramento, Calif.
• Flightcraft Inc., Portland, Ore.
• Freedom Avionics Company, Broomfield, Colo.
• General Dynamics, West Palm Beach, Fla.
• General Dynamics Aviation Service, Dallas, Texas
• Gibbs Service Center Inc., San Diego, Calif.
• Gulf Coast Avionics Corp., Lakeland, Fla.
• Gulfstream Aerospace, Appleton, Wis.
• Gulfstream Aerospace, Brunswick, Ga.
• Gulfstream Aerospace, Long Beach, Calif.
• Gulfstream Aerospace, Savannah, Ga.
• Hagerstown Aviation Services Inc., Hagerstown, Md.
• Higginsville Avionics Lab, Higginsville, Mo.
• IFR Avionics Inc., Van Nuys, Calif.
• Kings Avionics, Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah
• L2 Consulting Services Inc., Dripping Springs, Texas
• L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, Madison, Miss.
• Landmark Aviation, Springfield, Ill.
• Lectron Avionics, Mount Hope, Canada
• Lindsay Aviation Inc., West Seneca, N.Y.
• Lone Star Aero, San Antonio, Texas
• Mayday Avionics Inc., Grand Rapids, Mich.
• Mercury Air Center, Birmingham, Ala.
• MidAmerica Jet, Owensboro, Ky.
• Nolan Avionics, Durant, Okla.
• Northeast Air Inc., Portland, Maine
• Pentastar Aviation, Waterford, Mich.
• Pfizer, West Trenton, N.J.
• Poor Boy Avionics, San Angelo, Texas
• Preferred Avionics, Ypsilanti, Mich.
• QF Avionics Center Ltd., Red Deer, Canada
• Raytheon Aircraft Services, Tampa, Fla.
• Redding Aerotronics Inc., Redding, Calif.
• Ron Collins Aviation Electronics, Evansville, Ind.
• Sims Aviation Inc., Addison, Texas
• Skytech Inc., Rock Hill, S.C.
• Southeast Aerospace, Melbourne, Fla.
• Southern Avionics & Communications, Mobile, Ala.
• Temple Electronics Co. Inc., Houston, Texas
• The Coca-Cola Company, Atlanta, Ga.
• The Kroger Co., Cincinnati, Ohio
• Tomlinson Avionics of Texas Inc., Gainesville, Texas
• Trego Dugan Aviation, Grand Island, Neb.
• Waukegan Avionics Inc., Waukegan, Ill.
• Way-Point Avionics Inc., Fargo, N.D.
• Wisconsin Aviation, Madison, Wis.
More than 1,650 avionics shop owners, managers and technicians, as well as manufacturers of avionics, instruments, airframe and test equipment, converged on Palm Springs, Calif., for the 49th annual...
AEA names Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Associate Member of the Year and Jim Joubert as Member of the Year for 2012.
The four-day event takes place March 25-28 at the MGM Grand Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
Kent McIntyre of Bevan-Rabell Inc. in Wichita, KS, is the 2013 Member of the Year for AEA; while top honors in the Associate Member of the Year Award category went to Sandia Aerospace of...