Palm Springs, Calif., April 20 — The Aircraft Electronics Association announced the names of 26 students who were awarded $100,000 in scholarships for the 2006/2007 school year during today's Opening Ceremonies of the 49th annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show.
Those awarded scholarships include:
• Leon Harris/Les Nichols Memorial Scholarship to Spartan College of Aeronautics & Technology: Michael Martinez of Mason, Texas.
• Thomas J. Slocum Memorial Scholarships to Redstone Institute: Louis Manchisi of Broomfiled, Colo., and Phillip Ladd of Grafton, Wis.
• L-3 Avionics Systems Scholarship: Jospeh Jonas of Fon du Lac, Wis.
• Lee Tarbox Memorial Scholarship: Daniel Ploof of Burlington, Vt.
• Garmin Scholarship: Steven Wooten of Danville, Va.
• AOPA Scholarship: Mark Todd Jr. of Lake Worth, Texas
• Plane & Pilot/Garmin Scholarship: Brett Sheldon of Daytona Beach, Fla.
• Sporty's/Cincinnati Avionics Scholarship: Brett Graham of Broken Arrow, Okla.
• Honeywell Avionics Scholarship: Jason Bratcher of Dos Palos, Calif.
• Field Aviation Co. Inc. Scholarship: Vincent Louie of Burnaby, Canada
• Mid-Continent Instruments Scholarship: Jason Giordano of Monroe, Mich.
• Bud Glover Memorial Scholarship: Leland Pechacek of Lenorah, Texas
• David Arver Memorial Scholarship: Jason Breshears of Cameron, Mo.
• Dutch & Ginger Arver Memorial Scholarship: Paul Berendes of Sparta, Wis.
• Johnny Davis Memorial Scholarship: Jeremiah Myszka of Wichita, Kan.
• Lowell Gaylor Memorial Scholarship: Timothy Wilson of Puyallup, Wash.
• Kei Takemoto Memorial Scholarships: Charles Johnson II of Temperance, Mich., Simone Newby of Salina, Kan., and Mike Cervantes of Waco, Texas
• Flying Magazine's AEA Members Private Pilots License Scholarship: Justyn Ferris of Spencer, Iowa, and Christian Gleason of Wappingers Falls, N.Y.
• Gene Baker Memorial Scholarship: Brittany Dahler of Collierville, Tenn.
• Jim Cook Honorary Scholarship: Ashley Dahler of Germantown, Tenn.
• Chuck Peacock Memorial Scholarship: Amber Sulzner of Mechanicsville, Iowa
• Monte Mitchell Global Scholarship: Risto Maeots of Parnu, Estonia
The AEA Educational Foundation awards scholarships to students pursuing a career in the general aviation aircraft maintenance/electronics industry. The intent of these scholarships is to identify and reward those individuals who best exemplify the qualities that lead to success in the aviation industry.
The AEA Educational Foundation was started in 1990 to enhance, promote and secure the future of aviation and the AEA by furthering the education of students, technicians, members of the AEA and others as determined by aviation industry needs. Since its inception, the AEA scholarship program has awarded nearly $1 million in scholarships.
This year, the Educational Foundation announced the addition of a $2,000 annual award from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
"AEA is proud to add the support of the aircraft owner and pilot community to the largest aircraft technician scholarship program in the world," said Mike Adamson, AEA director of training and education.
Requests for complete scholarship packages for the 2007/2008 school year can be made after Sept. 1, 2006 online at www.aea.net/scholarship. The deadline for returning applications is Feb. 15, 2007. These scholarships will be awarded during Opening Ceremonies at the 50th annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show, which will take place from March 28-31, 2007, in Reno, Nevada.
AEA announced the names of 25 individuals who were awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships for the 2012-13 academic year through the AEA Educational Foundation.
The Aircraft Electronics Association and Texas State Technical College (TSTC) have joined together to offer 10 new scholarships through the AEA Educational Foundation, bringing the number of...
The deadline to submit an application for the Sporty’s Recreational Pilot Certificate for AEA Member Technicians is Feb. 29, 2008. The deadline for AEA scholarship application submissions is Feb...
More Than 30 New Avionics Products Set to Debut This Week at the AEA International Convention & Trade Show in Reno, Nev.
AEA will kick-off its 54th annual International Convention & Trade Show on Tuesday, March 22, at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nev., with more than 30 manufacturers unveiling new products.