LAKELAND, Fla., April 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today announced that Piper Aircraft, Inc. has made the all-glass, fully integrated Garmin G1000 avionics suite available as an option on the Saratoga II TC and Piper 6X. Piper's G1000 avionics suite is WAAS certified and includes Garmin's latest G1000 enhancements including Garmin SafeTaxi and FliteCharts, which simplify operation, enhance situational awareness and increase safety during flight and when taxiing.
"Piper aircraft are legendary for their ease of use and smooth flying characteristics," said Gary Kelley, Garmin's vice president of marketing. "We believe the G1000 will further enhance that reputation thanks to its straight-forward interface and full integration. We look forward to working with Piper on these great aircraft."
"We have enjoyed a long-standing and rewarding relationship with Garmin," said James K. Bass, President and CEO of Piper Aircraft, Inc. "Adding the G1000 to our PA-32 aircraft is yet another of the many excellent steps we have taken together and will continue to take in the future."
The G1000 is the only general aviation cockpit system that can provide all essential cockpit technologies in a single, highly integrated system including all primary flight, navigation, autopilot, terrain avoidance, communication, engine, and aircraft sensor data on the dual 10-inch, XGA-resolution(1,024x768-pixel) displays. The physical architecture of the system lends itself to easy installation and service, which lowers ownership costs. The G1000 is backed by Garmin's award winning, worldwide customer support that is unmatched by any other avionics manufacturer. The system is also expandable, making it possible to add new technologies and capabilities, as they become available. The avionics suite is WAAS certified and offers outstanding situational awareness for flight management, aircraft control, traffic, terrain and weather. Features of Piper's G1000 fully integrated flightdeckinclude,
• The primary flight display (PFD) and multi-function display (MFD) present traditional cockpit information in an integrated fashion on a large-format display, and puts all aircraft-systems monitoring and flight-planning functions at the pilot's fingertips
• Solid-state Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS), which can align while in motion, including in-flight dynamic restarts and full reversionary capabilities, allowing all flight-critical data to transfer seamlessly to a single display for added safety during flight
• Digital air-data computer
• Engine-monitoring display with full screen engine graphics
• Mode S transponder with Traffic Information Service
• Dual integrated radio modules that support VHF communications, VHF navigation with ILS and Class Gama 3 WAAS that provides the capability to execute LPV approaches
• Garmin SafeTaxi(TM) and FliteCharts(TM). SafeTaxi is a built-in database of over 750 U.S. airport diagrams that provide the capability to view aircraft position on taxiways. FliteCharts is an electronic version of the Departure Procedures, Standard Terminal Arrival Routes, approach charts and airport diagrams, and may be viewed directly on the MFD
• Optional ChartView(TM) brings an electronic version of Jeppesen's extensive library of charts and airport diagrams to the G1000's MFD. ChartView displays approach charts, geopolitical features, airspace, airways and airport diagrams.
• Optional Class-B Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) with worldwide terrain and obstacle database, which does not require an external LRU as with other TAWS systems
• Optional satellite weather datalink and digital-quality audio via XM Satellite Radio
• Optional digital audio control system
Since the introduction of the first Piper airplane in 1937, Piper has established a long history of designing, certifying and supporting a worldwide fleet that is renowned for high performance, versatility and reliability.
The G1000 will be on display at Garmin and Piper's Sun 'n Fun trade show booths, April 17-23, 2007, in Lakeland, Florida.
Garmin International Inc. is a member of the Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN) group of companies, which designs and manufactures navigation, communication and information devices - most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin is a leader in the general aviation and consumer GPS markets and its products serve aviation, marine, outdoor recreation, automotive, wireless and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin and G1000 are registered trademarks and FliteCharts, ChartView and SafeTaxi are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. Anticipated product availability dates are based on management's current expectations and are not guaranteed.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on forward-looking statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. All statements regarding the company's future product introductions and expected product availability dates are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management's current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 30, 2006 filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 000-31983). No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Garmin International Inc.
News stories provided by third parties are not edited by "Aircraft Maintenance Technology" staff. For suggestions and comments, please click the Contact link at the bottom of this page.