November 2007 - NCATT would like to introduce the newest member of the Advisory Board, the AMTSociety. Representing AMTSociety on the board is the Executive Director, Mr. Tom Hendershot.
AMTSociety was launched in 2005 as an affinity group aimed at leveraging the strength of the aviation maintenance community for the purpose of sharing resources and offering benefits. These included advertiser benefits from the magazine Aircraft Maintenance Technology and educational opportunities like discounted seminars and courses.
In 2006, AMTSociety converted to a full feature association to better service its rapidly growing membership. Hendershot, former Quality Assurance Inspector for Frontier Airlines and “FAA’s Aircraft Mechanic of the Year 2003”, was brought on in January 2007 as Executive Director of AMTSociety and in less than a year has doubled its membership. In its mission to support the maintenance community Hendershot has been instrumental in adding student chapters to the Society to continue the growth of the profession. Redstone College, Denver Campus, Broomfield, Colorado, became the first student chapter of the AMTSociety and the latest addition is AIM.
AMTSociety has also expanded on this growth by co-sponsoring the 11th annual Aviation Industry Expo, to be held March 18-20, 2008 at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas. AMTSociety will join the ranks of long-time event co-sponsor National Air Transportation Association (NATA).
NCATT Advisory Board Members
• Aircraft Electronics Association - Mike Adamson, Director of Training and Education
• Aircraft Maintenance Technology Society – Tom Hendershot, Executive Director
• American Airlines - Danny Martinez, VP Line Maintenance / Pat Stewart, VP TAESL
• Aviation Technician Education Council - Laurie Johns, President
• CNATT & Naval Air Technical Training Center - LCDR Darrell Gilpin
• Community College of the Air Force - J.R. Breeding, Chief, Licensure & Certification
• FAA - Shelia Bauer, National Aviation Education Director
• NBAA - Eli Cotti, Director Technical Operations
• Mooney Airplane Company, Inc. - Hank Engel, Director HR
• S-TEC / A Meggitt Company - Kyle Farley, VP of Manufacturing
• SpaceTEC – Robert Ward, Program Manager