WEYERS CAVE, Virginia (January 9, 2008) – Avotek Information Resources (Avotek) announces the publication of “Aircraft Powerplant Maintenance Second Edition”. This book is part of Avotek’s AMT series, consisting of four textbooks that cover the FAA curriculum requirements for A&P training.
The volume covers the following topics:
• Reciprocating engines
• Reciprocating engine systems
• Turbine engines
• Turbine engine systems
• Propeller systems
Hundreds of illustrations, color photographs and charts make this an easy to understand learning tool for both the novice and the experienced professional.
New material and updated information covers:
• Electronic engine management systems for reciprocating engines
• Engine familiarization and differences for reciprocating engines
• New material on turbine engine inlets and accessory gearboxes
• Details on new turbine engines for Very Light Jets and Personal Jets
• New material on autofeather systems
Covering everything from basic reciprocating engines to Full Authority Digital Engine Control, this volume is an invaluable reference for those desiring to learn the basics of aircraft powerplant maintenance.
Avotek develops and publishes aircraft maintenance training materials for the world’s general aviation, corporate, commercial and military markets.