GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, MAY 19, 2008 – The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) and the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced that Mr. Mark Booth, Chairman and CEO of NetJets Europe will be recognized with the EBACE2008 European Business Aviation Awards for his outstanding contributions to European business aviation.
The award recipient will be honored for his achievement at this year’s European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2008), the only major European event focused solely on business aviation, taking place in Geneva on May 19-22 2008.
"Mark Booth has a demonstrated record of commitment to the business aviation community," said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. "It is an honor to recognize his dedication and invaluable contributions with the European Business Aviation Award."
Past recipients of the European Business Aviation Award include:
• Mrs. Judith Moreton Bombardier Skyjet Int. and Mr. Mark Wilson (2007)
• Geneva PALEXPO and Flight Safety International (2006)
• TAG Aviation and Cannes/Mandelieu Airport (2005)
• Jean-Francois Georges, former president and CEO of Dassault Falcon Jet Corp. and senior vice president of civil aircraft for Dassault Aviation (2004)
• Fernand Francois, CEO of the European Business Aviation Association (2004)
• Ahid Quntar, managing director, Royal Wings/Arab Wings and Andrew Walters, chairman, Regional Airports Ltd. (2003)
• Richard Gooding, managing director, London City Airport and Jean-Pierre Jobin, director general, Geneva International Airport (2002)
• Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, president and CEO, LEGO and Frederik Sørensen, head of unit, European Commission (2001)
The 8th Annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2008) is being held May 20 through 22, 2008, at Geneva PALEXPO Conference Center, located immediately adjacent to Geneva International Airport in Geneva, Switzerland. EBACE is organized jointly by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA). For more information about EBACE2008, visit www.ebace.aero.
The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) is the leading association for business aviation in Europe. EBAA's mission is to promote and support excellence and professionalism among its Members, and to work diligently to gain recognition of business aviation as an essential sector of air transportation, serving the economy and society. More than two hundred and fifty business aviation companies rely on the EBAA to promote their interests. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.