Conyers, GA June 28, 2008 – Stanley Proto has been awarded a U.S. patent for its pear head Proto® Ratchet. The patent (Number 7,353,735 B2) was awarded on April 8, 2008. The patent covers the ratchet's molded sealed design, which keeps fine dust from penetrating the internal components and helps keep lubrication inside the head, where it belongs.
Product Engineer Glenn Redding says that the new patent is a sign of Stanley Proto's ongoing commitment to innovation. "The award supports the fact that this is a truly high performance ratchet," he says. "The design means you get improved durability and torque performance."
The ratchet's other features include:
• Small pear head for easy access to hard-to-reach work areas.
• Low-profile reversing lever for quick, one handed operation.
• A 45-tooth internal gear that disperses the torque load. This lowers the stress on the individual teeth, and provides a balance between the ratchet's 8-degree articulation angle and its high torque capacity.
• Contoured, ergonomically designed comfort handle with knurled bands that allow for outstanding grip and slip resistance.
• The choice of full-polish, double nickel chrome plating or a black oxide finish.
The Proto® ratchet comes in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive sizes. Where users require more leverage, they can get the 1/2" drive with a 15" long handle, instead of the standard 10.5" version. The tool is field repairable with an optional repair kit. Manufactured to ASME specifications, the ratchet offers the standard Proto® limited lifetime warranty.
Stanley Proto Industrial Tools has been making durable, high-quality hand tools for over 100 years, having grown from a small machine shop to a worldwide supplier. Our tools are developed according to strict ergonomic standards, with features that let users work faster and easier, including enhanced shock absorption and reduced slip. Markets including auto, steel, and airplane manufacturing plants, chemical plants, refineries, general manufacturing, transportation, and fleet maintenance for trucking, transit, and aircraft. For more information call 800-800-TOOL, or go to www.stanleyproto.com.