EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wis. - (May 28, 2008) - The days at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh are renowned for the seemingly endless schedule of programs and activities. In 2008, those activities are expanding even after the popular daily air show at EAA AirVenture, "The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration," at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.
The 56th annual edition of EAA's fly-in convention takes place July 28-August 3.
From aviation personalities and modern innovators to musical entertainment and aviation movies, the evening lineup at EAA AirVenture is a great way to extend each memorable day at what is commonly known as "aviation's family reunion."
"Evening programs at EAA AirVenture are a tradition that reaches back as far as the event itself, beginning with activities designed for those who camped on the flight line," said Tom Poberezny, EAA president and AirVenture chairman. "While 50 years ago that might have meant one aviation speaker or home flying movies shown on the side of a building, it has grown today to include instantly recognizable personalities, well-known entertainment and presentations that can't be seen anyplace but at Oshkosh."
All these evening activities are also included with regular EAA AirVenture admission. While the schedule is subject to change and additions, the current evening lineup includes such highlights as:
Sunday, July 27
• Traditional "pre-game show" at Theater in the Woods with notable aviation personalities
• Aviation movies: "The Memphis Belle" (1944 release) and "Flight of the Gossamer Condor" at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
Monday, July 28
• Opening-day concert on AeroShell Square by Foreigner, immediately after the air show, sponsored by Ford Motor Company
• Aviation movie: "Flyboys" at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
Tuesday, July 29
• Presentations by Burt Rutan/Will Whitehorn on SpaceShipTwo and the Vietnam War-era MISTY pilots at Theater in the Woods
• Aviation movie: "Speed & Angels" at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
Wednesday, July 30
• Famed comedian/ventriloquist Jeff Dunham (and friends) at Theater in the Woods
• NASA 50th anniversary presentation at Theater in the Woods
• Aviation movie to be announced, introduced by Harrison Ford, at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
Thursday, July 31
• Aviation movie: "Strategic Air Command" at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
• "Avi8ors" USO show at Theater in the Woods
Friday, August 1
• Actor Gary Sinise's "Lt. Dan Band" at Theater in the Woods
• Aviation movie: "Broken Arrow" at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
Saturday, August 2
• Aviation movie: "Memphis Belle" (1990 release) at the Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation
• NASA Aeronautics history presentation by NASA test pilots Fitz Fulton and Joe Engel at Theater in the Woods, hosted by David Hartman
"Along with all these activities, the culture of AirVenture participants sharing their own stories and experiences in the evening, whether it's over an evening meal in the camping areas or around a campfire, remains unchanged," Poberezny said. "AirVenture is a great value as an experience, and nothing matches it as a place of aviation enthusiasts to fill their heads, hearts and souls."
AeroShell Lubricants offers aviation lubricants. For technical support contact Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (713) 241-3942 or visit www.aeroshell.com. Hours of service: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m...